Stormy Weather Video 3 Jan 2014

Triskel

I used to enjoy wave-dodging at Castletown Pier in my youth. The day after doing it once in the mid 80's, a poor lad was swept to his death. My initial thought when seeing stuff like this is, "Idiot!" Each to their own though.

Life without danger is death? Yup.

I've tried death, didn't manage it.

Falling into the pool at Ramsey tip, jumping off the Queen's pier, 600v A/C across the body.

I've invincible .

Port St Mary Lifeboat just shared this video on Facebook, I can only presume being in the sea rescue line of work they didn't consider the risks taken to get the video particularly big or the behaviour foolish.

Saying that the Pt Erin lifeboat crew were watching us wakeboarding in a storm not so long ago and weren't particularly concerned with our safety.

I don't wish to appear flippant but I was mostly attaching myself to something sturdy but got some good angles.The music sometimes works better as the noise of water hitting the GoPro is irritating after a while.I realise by posting anything it will be subject to criticism.

I don't wish to appear flippant but I was mostly attaching myself to something sturdy but got some good angles.The music sometimes works better as the noise of water hitting the GoPro isn't particularly nice after a while.I realise by posting anything it will be subject to criticism.

Hi,

It just annoys me when there's always bl**dy music, the sound of the waves is so nice :) .

Did you slow things down at one stage?

Anyway, very good of you risk life and limb to make the video, hope 28 virgins are waiting your ascent into heaven :) .

Archived