An 'unflouncing' Farewell

Topaz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose that like many, I'm touched by the thoughts and expressions here, but I have no idea who Topaz was. Could someone perhaps just post a small piece about her for those of us who didn't know her ? Her anonymity could still be respected if you think it proper, but a few words might be nice from someone who knew her. The forum often feels like a bit of a community, and many of you posted some kind words about Topaz; so would it be fitting ?

I suppose that like many, I'm touched by the thoughts and expressions here, but I have no idea who Topaz was. Could someone perhaps just post a small piece about her for those of us who didn't know her ? Her anonymity could still be respected if you think it proper, but a few words might be nice from someone who knew her. The forum often feels like a bit of a community, and many of you posted some kind words about Topaz; so would it be fitting ?

Could I indulge and direct you to an earlier post from this thread. I only knew Topaz through the forums but do know of her beyond that. She was indeed a writer. As an example, thread 3 of that post shows how her words could be so naturally well crafted and descriptive. I think you would have found a lot to admire in Topaz in her forum heyday SMUJ.

I've just found this and done a lot of staring at the screen trying to think of something to say, it's so sad.

I hope you rest in peace Topaz and hope your family are bearing up.

Archived