An 'unflouncing' Farewell

Topaz

I'm going to call in and see Topaz early next week, hopefully have a chat and a catch up and even a laugh. If Topaz will agree I may report back on here

John,I was sort of hoping that you would do something along these lines after your post a couple of weeks back.

I very much hope this is possible.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A truly brave post that must have been so difficult to write and to share. I'm so very sorry Topaz and wish I could help in some way.

I hope that you have people around you who love you, make you smile, dry your tears and lift your spirits

Addie x

I'm going to call in and see Topaz early next week, hopefully have a chat and a catch up and even a laugh. If Topaz will agree I may report back on here

Try not to bill him for it..... ; ))

Thank pl. Topaz will laugh at that, I'm sure. I'm going to se a friend, not in my professional capacity. I've known Topaz for longer than we've been members here.

• 4 weeks later...

Topaz died on 2nd March. She was buried today. She asked me to pass on the following message to MF and its members

Lin wanted it known that she had enjoyed her time on here, she knew she had said her good bye in this thread, in her own very unique style, and wanted me to tell you that she had made friends on here, had enjoyed the political, serious and non serious discussions she had participated in/or read on here, they occupied her. Finally she asked me to give you all her best wishes.

Our community has lost something and I am sure Topaz's family are trying to find a way to fill the gap left in their lives by her passing. Condolences.

John, thanks for passing this sad news on.

I'm sorry to hear that news. Topaz had a wonderful presence on Manxforums. I hope her family and friends can know how much she touched people with her personality, which shone through her posts.

There are some very amusing and poignant examples, but I hope it is not misplaced, today, to post one from Tom Glassey (unaware, as it happens, that Topaz is a woman)

Tom Glassey's Blog

Archived