Whats will all the scaffolding on the TT course?!?

spermann

Why in the last year or two have we got so much scaffolding on the hedge rows? Whilst I appreciate it gives the marshalls a better view, I dont believe the riders would appreciate getting stabbed by unnecesary poles which stick out over the track just to give the scaffolding firm some free banner advertising around the track. Check out some of these crashes, a few of which are close to areas where such scaffolding has been erected http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHidS8AjMS0 It is only a metter of time before a rider gets stabbed by one of the poles in my opinion. If the scaffold contractor has provided this free of charge for the advertising space then fair enough. if not then I believe all the poles which stick out should be removed.

Why in the last year or two have we got so much scaffolding on the hedge rows? Whilst I appreciate it gives the marshalls a better view, I dont believe the riders would appreciate getting stabbed by unnecesary poles which stick out over the track just to give the scaffolding firm some free banner advertising around the track. Check out some of these crashes, a few of which are close to areas where such scaffolding has been erected http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHidS8AjMS0 It is only a metter of time before a rider gets stabbed by one of the poles in my opinion. If the scaffold contractor has provided this free of charge for the advertising space then fair enough. if not then I believe all the poles which stick out should be removed.

It is only a metter of time before a rider gets stabbed by one of the poles in my opinion. If the scaffold contractor has provided this free of charge for the advertising space then fair enough. if not then I believe all the poles which stick out should be removed.

That's a strange rationale. If the scaffolding is erected for free then the safety concern should be overlooked?

That scruffy scaffolding makes the magnificent mountain look like a scrap dump. If it's needed for the marshals, then let's build some attractive wooden/stone shelters. If they're not, lets get rid It makes the once grand TT look like a scrub club event instead of the world class event it once was. Very sad to see how far we have fallen.

That scruffy scaffolding makes the magnificent mountain look like a scrap dump. If it's needed for the marshals, then let's build some attractive wooden/stone shelters. If they're not, lets get rid It makes the once grand TT look like a scrub club event instead of the world class event it once was. Very sad to see how far we have fallen.

When there was one mobile advert in a field down at Ballasalla a couple of years ago Tynwald quickly drew up legislation controlling advertising in the countryside.

Now that they are doing it themselves with these scruffy scaffolding structures they seem to be ignoring their own rules.

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/hansard/20002020/oe18122009.pdf#search=%22advertising%20in%20the%20countryside%22

Maybe this is part of the problem.

Q15. Mr Turner: First of all, Mr Olsen, how many enforcement officers do you have in the

Department, and what is the current practice to enforcement?

Mr Olsen: There is only me doing the enforcement on the Island and the current practice is, it

is reactive. We wait and when we get a complaint we go out and have a look at it. 175

Yes, but then imagine all the people complaining about the use of taxpayers money to build those nice shelters.....

When there was one mobile advert in a field down at Ballasalla a couple of years ago Tynwald quickly drew up legislation controlling advertising in the countryside.

Have you noticed that it doesn't seem to matter when it's Election Time?

Lots of advertising just about everywhere, even restricting vision at junctions, roundabouts etc.

And some mutterings about it being illegal to remove or deface said advertising.

Looks like the terriers will be on hand again to 'anoint'. Cue Stu's indignance. w00t.gif

TBT.

Archived