Motofest is go!

The Sick Moon

An eight-day TT music and motorsport festival begins today (FRI).

Tribute bands will be entertaining the Motofest audience, with covers of bands including Led Zeppelin, the Arctic Monkeys and Fleetwood Mac.

Organisers say they hope to ‘put the soul back into the TT races’.

Tina Carter from Motofest says they’ve learnt from the mistakes of past, failed festivals.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was there on friday with a mate admitidatly it was the 1st nite but it was dead the bands/ music was good but its not well advertised spoke to a few people they didnt even no it was on shoulda had. it advertised it the local papers etc. they have got regular buses on the hour for it so thats handy but there werent many people at all the and 4 quid a pint dont help hopefully it will pick up

I saw a picture on FB about the music side of things. I had no idea there was a car and a bike show on as well.

Had I known id advance, I would have gone to see the cars at least.

This TT seems to be a bit shit on the information front. Last year was ace but for some reason, a lot of stuff just isn't getting out there in advance of events this year.

There are too many ways of getting the information out, and none of them is doing a good job. Not everyone uses twitter or facebook, but there are probably 50 accounts on those handing out small bits of info, there are 36 tt threads on here, there are the radio stations and iomtoday all repeating the same shit and there is the tt website, which is hopeless.

Someone should take charge.

yer is a shame i also heard they were giving away the arm bands trying to get people in was talking to some 1 yesterday whos in the know.

and apparently they have had to get rid of 10 bar staff, the dinky dounuts has also had to let staff go he specially got for the event, the mini moto bikes have gone so has a food trailer and the sky diving unit has also packed up feel sorry for the bands really playing for a nearly empty venue they should of had it in douglas then people could have gone from bushys etc to there

Archived