Customer Service

mannin1

Having just been for a tea-time pint with my mates , I was totally gobsmacked when my first pint cost me £2- 88 and then ten minutes later asking the young lady behind the bar for another I was asked to pay another 6 pence more.

Does this brewery not realise the concept of looking after their customers FFS.

Putting prices up is one thing but to put them up in this manner is just proving how little respect they have for their clients.

Surely informing people what is going to happen should be done first, and take place over-night, not whilst customers are actively. engaged in purchasing their products.!!

The pubs are getting quieter and quieter, and it would seem IOM Breweries are attempting to kill them off completely

VERY BAD GAME PLAN AND PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Does our OFT not have something to say about this kind of behaviour?crying.gifcrying.gif

What was her response when you questioned th 6p increase, which for all we know could have been a mistake or a different lager for example?

I guess they don't do it anymore, but some pubs used to charge more for drinks in the "lounge bar"

Your rant seems unfounded without more detail.

What was her response when you questioned th 6p increase, which for all we know could have been a mistake or a different lager for example?

I guess they don't do it anymore, but some pubs used to charge more for drinks in the "lounge bar"

Your rant seems unfounded without more detail.

Don't think you'll find a pint of lager

over here for£2.88!! £3.88 more like.

So was I until the till was just upgraded itself in the middle of a teatime drink.

The poor lass on the bar never stood a chance, and I am talking local beer here not imported chemicals like Lager.

I, as stated am not averse to a small price rise now and again, but in between pints at teatime is a tad lacking in Customer Service.

My drinking habits are definitely going to alter.

Total lack of consideration for the customer and the shell-shocked bar staff.

I would assume he's talking about Okells Ale, which has been hovering around the £2.50 - £2.70 mark (depending on where you drink and thereafter depending which bar in that establishment you buy it from!!(Ridiculous!) ). 3.7% I think, pretty bloody steep when you also consider that you're at the mercy of the landlord whether the beer is going to be close to drinkable. Grim increase.

Years ago when I used to work in pubs in the UK and the IOM - prices had to be displayed. Otherwise, they are breaking licensing laws.

Sounds like a mistake more than anything else. Pubs used to have to display their prices where everyone could read them by law, this should be reintroduced when you consider the costs these days.

Archived