Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

Lisenchuk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

education is important, preschools not so

You appear to think pre-school isn't education? Eh? I normally like the humour/wacky outlook in your posts but this point is nonsense (if that's is what you think). I think closing pre-schools has been a disaster both educationally and financially.

Good luck to Amy. She's young and keen which is a very good start and whilst lacking experience in various aspects, that unfortunately isn't much different to some of them already elected.

let's see details of your educational achievements and your business experience

erm, have you ever taken a closer look at Tynwald,

Some of those CVs are a laugh. A fridge fixer becomes an engineer. A scaffolder becomes a businessman. And a guy that used to hold the ladders and a pot of paint for his dad just doesn't have his career mentioned.

Oh and if you deliver letters you are well in, and if you are a step up from that as a stamp licker for lil' ol' ladies in the post office you are true LegCo material.

Educational and business achievements just don't come into it.

That is harsh, Graham Cregeen told me (rather aggressively) that he was a trained teacher too, and that he was a tutor at the College of Further Education.

If she wins, can we buy her some punctuation to celebrate? And perhaps some spelling lessons?

It's ironic she campaigned on education given the state of her 'official announcement' on Facebook.

Why do we insist on elevating the illiterate to positions of power and influence and then act surprised when they fuck everything up?

ETA - This is childish and sexist, but I don't care. If anyone uses facebook, go and have a look at her profile, especially the profile pictures. I believe the correct phrase is 'bazongas'.

She's young...... and who worries about spelling and punctuation on fb? Mind you, there's one or two already elected who I doubt would be any better even if not on fb. (edit for my spelling)

Fair play to her sticking her head above the parapet.....

I disagree with this sentiment. I don't think people should be congratulated just for standing, if they are clearly not up to the job.

Although I am torn on this issue as I do like big boobs.

We'd all worked that out from your avatar Censorship thumbsup.gif

Archived