Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

Lisenchuk

If she wins, can we buy her some punctuation to celebrate? And perhaps some spelling lessons?

It's ironic she campaigned on education given the state of her 'official announcement' on Facebook.

Why do we insist on elevating the illiterate to positions of power and influence and then act surprised when they fuck everything up?

ETA - This is childish and sexist, but I don't care. If anyone uses facebook, go and have a look at her profile, especially the profile pictures. I believe the correct phrase is 'bazongas'.

She's young...... and who worries about spelling and punctuation on fb? Mind you, there's one or two already elected who I doubt would be any better even if not on fb. (edit for my spelling)

The Minister of the Isle of Man Department of Education and Children sent me this ironic email not that long ago:

Mr Halsall,

Before I reply to your e-mail in full can you please tell me exactly what qualifications are regarding to this issue?

I ask only as you refer to yourself as an ‘experienced professional within this industry’.

You’ll note I have copied Mr Cregeen and the two CEO’s of DCCL and DEC.

Tim Crookall MHK

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion....

The minister who forced the closure of pre-schools (despite being given clear alternatives by people who did know what they were talking about) might have benefited from such a system when he was young. He's clearly not unique in that regard.

What are the present incumbent's qualifications anyway?

Edit, c'mon censorship where's this new avatar?

If she wins, can we buy her some punctuation to celebrate? And perhaps some spelling lessons?

It's ironic she campaigned on education given the state of her 'official announcement' on Facebook.

Why do we insist on elevating the illiterate to positions of power and influence and then act surprised when they fuck everything up?

ETA - This is childish and sexist, but I don't care. If anyone uses facebook, go and have a look at her profile, especially the profile pictures. I believe the correct phrase is 'bazongas'.

She's young...... and who worries about spelling and punctuation on fb? Mind you, there's one or two already elected who I doubt would be any better even if not on fb. (edit for my spelling)

You'd hope she may pay a little more attention to her official announcement of her intention to stand for the national parliament, or at least I would expect that much from someone planning to write my laws.

You would hope that more attention would be paid to the announcement because there are still people around who believe that sloppy expression indicates muddled thinking.

She's done more in one poorly written Facebook statement with her intention to stand for the Keys than the majority of moaning c***s could even possibly hope to ever achieve on here.

... and what she has achieved is the square root of f*** all. Have a word with yourselves, you bunch of melts.

Is it any wonder that persons with an above average intellect or equipped with genuine political ability decide, meh ... I can't be arsed dealing with this bunch of quilts. **** 'em.

Archived