Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

Lisenchuk

Amy Burns has announced her intentions for the 2016 general election.

Should make for an interesting contest in Douglas South.

From Manx Radio:

Campaigner announces intention to stand for Keys
Published online at 11/11/2014 18:25:00

A well-known campaigner on the Island has announced she intends to stand for the House of Keys in the next election.

Amy Burns led a campaign to keep government-run pre-schools.

She and colleague Lisa Morris later gave evidence to the Social Affairs Policy Review Committee which examined the decision to privatise Island pre-schools in September 2012.

Speaking on her Facebook page, Amy says whilst she had never really considered entering politics before, over the last two years her life has taken her in that direction with people asking for help on a daily basis and she's found making a difference to people's lives has been "truly fulfilling"

Ms Burns says after much goading from friends and strangers alike, she has decided to announce she intends to stand for Douglas South.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's got the passion, but not the brains. Feck it, fair play to her - that's one more thing than most of them!

At least she's got the guts/time/passion to stand up for something, compared to the rest of us.

2016 my arse. The bye-election posters will be up not long after the conclave of mhks puts up white smoke for Cretney to go up to MLC in february when 4 MLCs retire on rotation.

Good of him to give her the wink in advance all the same...

Reading between the lines is this why bill malarkey has been particularly noisome recently?

2016 my arse. The bye-election posters will be up not long after the conclave of mhks puts up white smoke for Cretney to go up to MLC in february when 4 MLCs retire on rotation.

Good of him to give her the wink in advance all the same...

Reading between the lines is this why bill malarkey has been particularly noisome recently?

Good point,I forgot about the Legco election.

After much "goading"....a very strange choice of word(s). Forgive me, but I'm more than a little sceptical of "campaigners" and one issue individuals seeking a Keys seat. The challenges both now and ahead are of a different magnitude and complexion. Having said all that, a chimpanzee with an endearing smile would represent an improvement over Cretney.

Archived