Amy Burns to stand in Douglas South

Lisenchuk

Good luck to her for agreeing to stand. She needs to get the council house voters out though to attack Cretneys power base. Hopefully she gets it right. She also needs someone who can give her some coaching on the media as some of the stuff she's done in the past doesn't come across well. If she gets it right though good luck to her.

2016 my arse. The bye-election posters will be up not long after the conclave of mhks puts up white smoke for Cretney to go up to MLC in february when 4 MLCs retire on rotation.

Good of him to give her the wink in advance all the same...

Reading between the lines is this why bill malarkey has been particularly noisome recently?

There will be a by-election after Cretney sits his arse into the comfy cosy lucrative seat of the Legislative Council that is the Home of Rest For Old MHKs (and their pals) come end of February 2015.

Edited to add: Malarkey has f*** all chance (I certainly hope, because my experience of him as an MHK has found him to be a total useless knacker)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One issue woman with no understanding of economics. ..just what we need.

And you base these two claims on what exactly?

She regularly posts on a broad range of issues on Facebook, so hardly "one issue".

I fail to see what her gender has to do with anything. I like her because she's open-minded and listens to other people and shows them respect even if she doesn't agree with them. I see no evidence to suggest she has no understanding of economics; however, I do see evidence that she's reasonable and intelligent enough to learn quickly. She's a real person living in the real world, not the government bubble, so she already has a head start on most of the current politicians when it comes to maintaining a household with a tight budget.

She regularly posts on a broad range of issues on Facebook, so hardly "one issue".

I fail to see what her gender has to do with anything. I like her because she's open-minded and listens to other people and shows them respect even if she doesn't agree with them. I see no evidence to suggest she has no understanding of economics; however, I do see evidence that she's reasonable and intelligent enough to learn quickly. She's a real person living in the real world, not the government bubble, so she already has a head start on most of the current politicians when it comes to maintaining a household with a tight budget.

And a parliament made up of only economists and accountants would be very sad state of affairs indeed.

Incidentally it is: Amy Burns De-Yoxall

She must be related to the Ballamodha De-Yoxalls....Juan, Artie, Billy and old Stanley...long established Manx family.

She must be related to the Ballamodha De-Yoxalls....Juan, Artie, Billy and old Stanley...long established Manx family.

I think the reference is to the "Considerably richer than yaaaaaauuw" De Yoxall Brummie expat lottery winners from Lonnan. I assume in an attempt to try to rubbish the working woman persona she has tried to establish.

I think the reference is to the "Considerably richer than yaaaaaauuw" De Yoxall Brummie expat lottery winners from Lonnan. I assume in an attempt to try to rubbish the working woman persona she has tried to establish.

Juan, Artie, Billy and old Stanley will be devastated to learn of this.....A Mercian arriviste.....how awful.

And a parliament made up of only economists and accountants would be very sad state of affairs indeed.

True

but it would surely be a considerable advance on what we have at present?

Archived