Someone has cleared up the Fairy Bridge?!

Ceaseless Change

As I said in the other thread, whether there should be stuff there or not is personal opinion. What's not opinion is that some bloke taking it down of his own volition was not the right way to go about it. As others have mentioned, if it was done via appropriate channels people would at least have had enough time to object or collect any bits that have sentimental value to them. Some guy putting it all in a bin bag and fucking off with it isn't right.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully there'll be some room now...Friday I'm hanging Mittens my favourite cat who popped his clogs this week on the tree. He liked trees.

Can't be arsed digging a hole for him, and having spent 2 hours trying to flush him with a toilet brush and a plunger the fairy bridge sounds a good option.

As I said in the other thread, whether there should be stuff there or not is personal opinion. What's not opinion is that some bloke taking it down of his own volition was not the right way to go about it. As others have mentioned, if it was done via appropriate channels people would at least have had enough time to object or collect any bits that have sentimental value to them. Some guy putting it all in a bin bag and fucking off with it isn't right.

But neither did those who left their tat there making it an eye sore have permission. If rubbish is dumped then somebody has to clear it. The fact that somebody cleared it for free rather than it having to be paid for seems very public spirited. We have beach buddies trying to clear the beaches of rubbish, seems that we have a volunteer prepared to keep the area around Fairy Bridge clear of rubbish. That the rubbish was left their deliberately or accidentally seems irrelevant to me.

I do though agree that it would have been a good idea to have left the bags somewhere accessible for a while so that if people wanted to recover items they have dumped they could collect. But to be honest if you dump stuff on the side of a road somewhere I am not sure you really expect it back or it means that much to you

But neither did those who left their tat there making it an eye sore have permission. If rubbish is dumped then somebody has to clear it. The fact that somebody cleared it for free rather than it having to be paid for seems very public spirited. We have beach buddies trying to clear the beaches of rubbish, seems that we have a volunteer prepared to keep the area around Fairy Bridge clear of rubbish. That the rubbish was left their deliberately or accidentally seems irrelevant to me.

I do though agree that it would have been a good idea to have left the bags somewhere accessible for a while so that if people wanted to recover items they have dumped they could collect. But to be honest if you dump stuff on the side of a road somewhere I am not sure you really expect it back or it means that much to you

They may not have had permission, but the people doing it this year had over a decade of precedent with no-one saying they couldn't or shouldn't. It's not like it all appeared overnight, there was plenty of time for people to kick up a fuss and the Govt to take notice and prohibit it in the right way. Some bloke just turning up and doing it after all this time is wrong.

They may not have had permission, but the people doing it this year had over a decade of precedent with no-one saying they couldn't or shouldn't. It's not like it all appeared overnight, there was plenty of time for people to kick up a fuss and the Govt to take notice and prohibit it in the right way. Some bloke just turning up and doing it after all this time is wrong.

As it is "that" time of year,

"Oh no it isn't"

"Oh no it isn't"

You only think that because you didn't like the stuff being there. Try to think a little more objectively.

The report in the examiner states that in 2009 the land owner was getting exasperated that the area was turning into an eyesore. It would appear clear there those leaving stuff did so against the wishes of the landowner. I think in another report they did say that the landowner had tried to tidy up on occasions.

People have assumed they could just dump stuff on private property without agreement. It seems that the anonymous person has done what the owner would have like to do. Or at least a previous owner. I am not sure if they still own.

There is now a precedent set for tidying it up, so those that dump stuff have been warned.

There is now a precedent set for tidying it up, so those that dump stuff have been warned.

Judging by the comments on facebook I half expect there will be a group of 'indignant facebook mums' with tots in tow on a fairy bridge cleanup protest coffee morning demanding rights for their little darlings to make wishes at the tree.

sorcerer.gif

"Oh no it isn't"

You only think that because you didn't like the stuff being there. Try to think a little more objectively.

We are still talking about the "Fairy Bridge" aren't we ?

Archived