Someone has cleared up the Fairy Bridge?!

Ceaseless Change

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Amadeus, do you know where the real fairy bridge is? Do you even know any of the fairies?

Someone should ask the fairies how they feel, they might have been into all the junk people left for them. How do we know it wasn't the fairies that took it all down, this man might claim to have done it to provide cover...

That one out at Lewaigue* way is no more the real fairy bridge than the one on the New Castletown Road, which would have been just a track when that area was inhabited by the lil' folk, when it was little more than a footpath or a cart track.

*spelling mistale

The Bees, ''..., they might have been into all the junk people left for them. How do we know it wasn't the fairies that took it all down,,,,''

Don't be silly, that bra would be far too big for them!!!

Anyway, they would need scaffolding these days to go that high.

Lewaigue??? I don't think any Fairy would be seen down north with all those Godfearing Olde Colonials.

Lingague??? Even that is too far west.

I can't say exactly where because they don't want their bridge littered with modern tat. Although they will keep up a presence at the presumptious one to keep us on our toes!

It was a bloody mess to be fair and a distraction to many, especially during the holy races. Yet I still say 'good morning little people' when I go past. I once explained it to Ladysmith Black Mambasa (sp?) when we went past, by the time we got to the airport they were word in perfect, in manx, and singing it.

What's the harm in a little whimsey now and again?

Archived