Mug Genocide in Strand Street

Thomas Jefferson

My mother has purchased items through Sports Direct on a number of ocassions and she never received a mug. Are you sure you don't have to spend over a certain amount? Anyway, I know the mug you're banging on about and it's not the size I'm talking about. The coffee mugs I am after are about 30% bigger.

I've got a bucket you can have as a gift from me. Bit of cardboard and some gaffer tape you could fashion a handle for the the side.

Merry Christmas.

My mother has purchased items through Sports Direct on a number of ocassions and she never received a mug. Are you sure you don't have to spend over a certain amount? Anyway, I know the mug you're banging on about and it's not the size I'm talking about. The coffee mugs I am after are about 30% bigger.

Those sports direct mugs, fully laden, are far too heavy to hold, enjoyably, for any length of time, and you really want bigger? I used to like a big mug for tea but honestly think it tastes better in a smaller mug now.

What about 2 mugs, or 1 after another?

There's a place at the end of Strand Street (Castle Street?) called Butler's Choice which has a nice selection of mugs upstairs.

You might find what you're after there.

Archived