Ferry broken down and no fix until after holidays!

Dunroamin

Silver surfer. I'll try to remain civil with you, despite your comments and tone.

I fully appreciate that things don't always work out to plan. Nothing I have posted here suggests otherwise does it? I am also well aware that it's people we're dealing with. When I did get to speak to someone at the steam Packet yesterday, I was (I hope) polite and friendly. I didn't complain, stuck to the facts, and empathised with the lady that she must be having a tough evening etc. I like to think that my call made her day better, not worse.

Thank you for the Facebook link. Interestingly that site did not appear as a response to any of the various search terms I had previously used, though now I have followed your link, it does. It seems from a previous post in this thread that I am not alone in this. I suspect this is something to do with Facebook's search algorithm. Oh, an obvious link on the IoMSPC website wouldn't have hurt.

Anyway, I didn't visit here for a bicker-fest. There's far too much of that here already, so I'll feed the troll no more. Good day to you.

Thanks again to those who have helped here.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is being done for the people who need to get back to/from Dublin with their vehicles?

At least those of us with bookings to/from the UK know that IF we can get through to someone, we might be on a ferry some time in the next 3 days (wind and other circumstances permitting).

So what is being done for the people who need to get back to/from Dublin with their vehicles?

At least those of us with bookings to/from the UK know that IF we can get through to someone, we might be on a ferry some time in the next 3 days (wind and other circumstances permitting).

It would have been an idea to get them to Liverpool on the P&O ferry and concentrate on getting a continuous Liverpool service going perhaps?

Almost to the day 10 years ago, the tsunami claimed the lives of almost 230,000 people and ruined the lives of millions.

About 1/3 of the world's population live in poverty.

Now the Steam Packet boat has a problem and has missed a few sailings.

Is that SO bad ?

Some people need to get a grip.

I hope things are better for you today Vulgarian and I hope the people you deal with get a sense of perspective too!

I don't actually work for the racket. Its my friend who does. He's back in today though, hahhaha. I tell him he deserves everything he gets for whoring himself out to such evil masters. He never usually admits to any fault on the part of the company but he did say yesterday that "they fucked up".

Looks like Manannan is heading to Pier Head to collect her first load.

Whilst I consider IOMSP may take advantage of their monopoly position (TT, school holidays etc), it would be unreasonable for us to expect them to have spare ships on immediate standby at all times. Maybe the next user agreement should look closely at the provision of two similar, slightly faster, all season craft, and no fast craft, so that an unscheduled outage would be less of a disaster.

Nonetheless, and notwithstanding their very poor customer communication on this occasion, it is very impressive to see that they have been able to get two ships operational in less than 36 hours over a holiday period? Well done to those who have been involved.

Archived