Manx Gas

Max Power

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Manx Radio advert 'there's never been a better time to switch to gas'. Lolololololol. They've either got a sense of humour or they think we're stupid.

They think you're just dim. Oil price falls to lowest level since 2009.

They most certainly do, the way that this has been constructed is actually criminal. Manx Gas buy their gas from the MEA who make a 50% profit on the deal to help pay off the illegal loan. They then make a crazy profit on the standing charge but aren't seen to charge too much for the gas. A nice little stitch up, there should be some prison sentences handed down to these crooks.

I hope I don't see Manx Gas squandering my money on sponsorship this year, questions will be asked!

I rang Manx Gas today and instructed them to terminate the supply ..... My God I enjoyed it !

Assuming you aren't going cold turkey, how much did the conversion to oil cost?

+/- 4k at a guess all in for an F band dwelling?? with the standing charge if you are up in F band and add the cost of the gas that band F assumes you use, I reckon you should get your money back in 5 years, maybe less....... anybody going with gas over oil in todays market if they have a choice needs therapy.

I suspect planning ( if it's needed ) will suddenly start objecting to new installations of oil tanks to protect MG's captives from leaving, even if you had an oil tank there 10 years ago.

I did my conversion, ten years ago for @ £1100, prices then. Worcester Heatslave, £800, tank £250, bits and bobs.

Plumber relative hooked it in, although given, the way the house was plumbed lent itself to it. Tank went on a plinth in the back garden, mixed and laid by myself, neighbours didn't object, in fact I was inundated with enquiries, even then MG was a rip off.

I reckon I was lucky to do it then, like that. But the way MG are going it might be worth trying it on.

I rang Manx Gas today and instructed them to terminate the supply ..... My God I enjoyed it !

Assuming you aren't going cold turkey, how much did the conversion to oil cost?

WTF is correct about 4K, boiler about 2200 tank 650. My first full tank of oil equated to my one year standing charge ! no brainer. I decided it was not whether I could afford to do it but more whether I could afford not to !

Simple physics in respect of energy and this link https://www.gov.im/lib/docs/oft/CHS/2015/01october2015.pdf also helped the decision.

According to the Manx Radio advert 'there's never been a better time to switch to gas'. Lolololololol. They've either got a sense of humour or they think we're stupid.

They most certainly do, the way that this has been constructed is actually criminal. Manx Gas buy their gas from the MEA who make a 50% profit on the deal to help pay off the illegal loan. They then make a crazy profit on the standing charge but aren't seen to charge too much for the gas. A nice little stitch up, there should be some prison sentences handed down to these crooks.

I hope I don't see Manx Gas squandering my money on sponsorship this year, questions will be asked!

Totally untrue. They buy their gas in the market independently and simply pay for delivery via the pipeline. Of course, the delivery charge might be expensive.

Totally untrue. They buy their gas in the market independently and simply pay for delivery via the pipeline. Of course, the delivery charge might be expensive.

in which case they should be shipping it in, or laying their own pipes?? government are doing every back door underhand trick in order to pay off mea debts that had no need to be there if we just bought our electric from the UK national grid.

Of course the delivery is expensive, there's only one supplier of gas.... IOMG have got MG & their customers by the short & curlies.

And (pun not intended) that's the long and short of it.

Virtually every extortionate cost of living on this Island can be traced back to IoMG. Taxes and charges to fund a voracious, bloated, cash-hungry animal (not just Geoff Corkish). And debt. Years of it caused by negligence and political incompetence. Consumption of money that exceeds income. But we mustn't cut, slash or burn. Just keep raiding the reserves and spouting shite about the books being rebalanced. How long can the sheeple be fooled...?

in which case they should be shipping it in, or laying their own pipes?? government are doing every back door underhand trick in order to pay off mea debts that had no need to be there if we just bought our electric from the UK national grid.

Well of course, there was an offer from Scottish Power in 1992 to buy the MEA. There was a committee, the inevitable consultants and a report received by Tynwald to consider the options. Here is the Hansard from January 1993.

http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/hansard/19802000/TC-19930120-v0110.pdf

(Starts at T357 or page 13 of the pdf.)

Some real howlers in there. If only they'd known then what we know now would the decision have been different? I particularly like the bit about going ahead with the sale to Scottish Power having serious implications for the Manx economy. Hmmmm.

Virtually every extortionate cost of living on this Island can be traced back to IoMG.

Ain't that the truth..... next time you speak with your ISP ask them how much they have to pay to MT &/or IOMG (IOM Communications Commission) for access to the internet..... it will make your eyes water.

Archived