General Election Day!

The Sick Moon

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Food banks are a self fulfilling prophecy. If low life have a means to get free food it further encourages them to spend their tax payers hand outs on drink, drugs, and the non essentials of life such as on line gambling.

Poverty is defined by a formulae, nor by no shoes on feet and here again, parents get the money and waste it.

So more children living in poverty (defined by household income not on how it's spent) is a self-fulfilling prophecy?

You do spout some small spherical objects sometimes. How many brown shirts do you own again?

Any reports on turnout numbers, High ,medium ,,low?

Apparently high. At the recent by election labour just pipped ukip by about 600. I asked at the polling station if they had been busy. They told me it had been manic since it opened.

That could be because this is now a marginal of course.

All these exit polls are pointless though,

Not really, they're often very accurate.

These are not exit polls. Exit polls cannot legally be published until 22:00. These are opinion polls taken before 00:30 this morning.

IIRC - in the last 6 elections, opinion polls (as opposed to exit polls) have under estimated the Conservative vote. For a variety of reasons which statisticians still struggle with. Google "shy Tory effect".

Food banks are a self fulfilling prophecy. If low life have a means to get free food it further encourages them to spend their tax payers hand outs on drink, drugs, and the non essentials of life such as on line gambling.

Poverty is defined by a formulae, nor by no shoes on feet and here again, parents get the money and waste it.

So more children living in poverty (defined by household income not on how it's spent) is a self-fulfilling prophecy?

You do spout some small spherical objects sometimes. How many brown shirts do you own again?

Did you read what I wrote? Because your comment would indicate that you did not.

All these exit polls are pointless though,

Not really, they're often very accurate.

Even the Isle of Man general election exit polls are pretty good.

There was one count that was quite a way out though and although I would not suggest there was anything untoward as such, it is not unknown at all for a bundle of votes to be put on the wrong pile. But I suppose all that is another subject.

The excellent Mark Steel's take on it http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/vote-tory-and-youre-voting-for-the-rich-to-get-richer-and-the-poor-to-get-poorer-10230342.html

The message seems to break down to:

"If you want to see more children living in poverty vote Rupert Murdoch Tory."

"If you want to see a bit of compassion and an NHS vote Labour."

But then, as Spooky's Daily Wail often states, the poor are there because they want to be and in any event they spend their cash on drink, drugs or both while their children scavenge for scraps on the streets in bare feet. Plus they don't vote tory so fuck 'em a la Margaret Thatcher...

Edit: crap grammar

Archived