General Election Day!

The Sick Moon

"If you want to see more children living in poverty vote Rupert Murdoch Tory."

"If you want to see a bit of compassion and an NHS vote Labour."

Edit: crap grammar

Fixed.

No way is Mark Steel crap. Columnist of the Year no less. Maybe if you were better read...

w00t.gif

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else find it somewhat disturbing that this thread is only on page 5 and the 'Amy' thread has reached 74pages.

Maybe I am missing something but surely the outcome of the UK general elections could have a greater impact on the island than a candidate standing in the South Douglas by-election?

Food banks came about to meet the desperate needs of people who had wasted the money given to them to live on while doing nothing. Poverty in the UK is defined by a formula, not an absolute which is what it should be.

There are a great many people who are content living a pointless life as a part of the dregs of society who should be made to work for what they get from tax payers and not be allowed to simply predate on society like rats in a granary.

Nobody should be allowed a free ticket to life and yes, I do believe that many poor are content to be poor and so deserve to be. There is a great deal to be said for adopting the principle of those who can work and for whom work is available yet do not work simply should not be fed. Parasites should be eliminated.

Quoted to preserve a post that's a classic of it's kind ie absolutely awful.

One of the most important measures of how civilised a society is actually rests on the way they care for their most vulnerable and disadvantaged citizens.

You would fail that criteria by a Herat and then some. Call yourself a christian? Laughable...

UK government provide the means for people to live without working. It is not unreasonable to require people to undertake the work that they can do, if available, to get that state charity. The most vulnerable and disadvantaged citizens ARE supported (far too well in my honest opinion)

There is absolutely nothing un Christian in expecting people to do more than just stand with their hands out. Once again PK adds himself who does not understand Christianity.

Or about social responsibility judging by other comments on this subject.

Does anyone else find it somewhat disturbing that this thread is only on page 5 and the 'Amy' thread has reached 74pages.

This thread is 12 hours old?

Some exit polls. Voters have really given the LibDems a kicking.

Maybe I am missing something but surely the outcome of the UK general elections could have a greater impact on the island than a candidate standing in the South Douglas by-election?

who the fucks "amy",the only amy i knew went to st marys school 60 years ago!.

Good. Shame the same has not been done to Liebour. Seems there are fools, bloody fools, and people

who voted for Labour.

and the haggis bashers spook,better be quiet the missus is one but she has a brain and wouldnt vote snp even if we still lived there.

There is absolutely nothing un Christian in expecting people to do more than just stand with their hands out. Once again PK adds himself who does not understand Christianity.

Oh dear. Another idiot who posts up his nonsense as though it were fact and not opinion.

You cannot escape your appallingly right-wing, uncharitable, uncaring, unchristian outlook. The fact you clearly believe it just makes it worse. You're truly dreadful.

Food banks are a self fulfilling prophecy. If low life have a means to get free food it further encourages them to spend their tax payers hand outs on drink, drugs, and the non essentials of life such as on line gambling.

Poverty is defined by a formulae, nor by no shoes on feet and here again, parents get the money and waste it.

So more children living in poverty (defined by household income not on how it's spent) is a self-fulfilling prophecy?

You do spout some small spherical objects sometimes. How many brown shirts do you own again?

Did you read what I wrote? Because your comment would indicate that you did not.

Strange but true I do sometimes read your drivel. However it's very obvious that your politics are somewhere to the right of Genghis Khan. People don't go to food banks to eat for free. That's left for those on religious tithes. Food banks didn't happen by accident you know. They arose out of compassion meeting a need. Not that you would know about that of course.

I've no doubt you voted for increasing the number of children living in poverty. Good for you.

Food banks came about to meet the desperate needs of people who had wasted the money given to them to live on while doing nothing. Poverty in the UK is defined by a formula, not an absolute which is what it should be.

There are a great many people who are content living a pointless life as a part of the dregs of society who should be made to work for what they get from tax payers and not be allowed to simply predate on society like rats in a granary.

Nobody should be allowed a free ticket to life and yes, I do believe that many poor are content to be poor and so deserve to be. There is a great deal to be said for adopting the principle of those who can work and for whom work is available yet do not work simply should not be fed. Parasites should be eliminated.

You really are a simple minded, pompous prick.

Archived