General Election Day!

The Sick Moon

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My view, most likely a minority Milliband government informally supported by the SNP, with a larger Tory party kept out of government because it can't form a coalition/command the support of the commons.

It'll be interesting how long it'll take to happen.

Constitutional complexities will allow Cameron to have a go, but within a week Milliband will have whispered his way to a Queen's Speech the SNP will accept and it will all be over.

Cameron will be out of a job in a week.

My optimistic view is that tactical voting and incumbent advantage in Liberal constituencies will give the current coalition (and the DUP) a very slim majority.

I hope that Cameron remains PM and that is about the only way I can see it happening, but I think it is less likely than a Milliband administration.

The world won't end, but the UKs productivity will be impacted, the country will become less business friendly and more regulated and there will be more divisive rhetoric against the drivers of wealth creation - who aren't fat cats from the city, but SME entreupreneurs and businessmen drowning in red tape and taxes.

Bell has previously uttered ominous warnings about the consequences of a Labour led govt taking the UK reins...?

The more Right Wing the better as far as I'm concerned. How anyone could possibly vote for Liebour I just don't know.

The sooner PR is brought in the better. Let's have a representative parliament.

I don't like any of the parties but anything is better than a coalition. Let's have full on Conservative or a full on Labour government with clear majorities and get something done, for good or bad, for a change.

I don't understand the SNP's logic. On the one hand they say "There's no way we can be frozen out of a Westminster government if we're the largest party in Scotland" and in the next sentence say "We must keep Cameron out", without appreciating that his party is likely to have the largest share of the vote in England.

What I'd like to see is a Tory-SNP alliance - SNP just have to abstain rather than vote with the Tories. Scots get independence as part of the deal and leave the union, leaving the Tories to govern England, Wales and NI. Won't happen though.

Why would Labour want anything to do with the two-faced Liberal Democrats? That would be a toxic coalition which would damage Labour and any pretense of a fresh start.

Having been disenfranchised by Turncoat Cleggy I'm tempted to write "F~ck the lot of you" across my ballot paper.

The so-called newspapers have been getting worse and worse with their personal attacks on Millibean with the Sun and the Wail getting ever more hysterical. I can't remember an election where they have behaved this badly. Which reflects how close it is I guess.

What I do know is with food banks, the amount of children now living in poverty and so forth the LibDems deserve to be absolutely creamed...

I think the negative press probably shows the influence of Lynton Crosby who was brought in from Australia to get the Conservatives elected.

Archived