Broadband Speeds.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mustn't touch the master socket wiring anyway, just the extension wiring - which is where most of the problems arise.

The faceplate that you pull off the front of the (NTE5) master socket is customer side and fine to work on. All the extension wiring should terminate on the faceplate. Digging deeper into the master socket is a big no - You'll get a repair bill from MT and a bollocking from the engineer if you break it.

Didn't think you could fiddle with the master socket, too much chance of triggering a 'Noisy 112 call' which gets a policeman knocking on your door. Well, it used to in my day, used to get 2 or 3 a day to new houses were the owner was trying to fit sockets were they wanted them.

When I moved into this house the phone network throughout the place was a scrambled mess of DIY extension wiring. I removed all the excess tat and connected my modem directly at the master socket. I regard the phone line as purely a data connection.

Does anyone know what services are being installed on the current phase of the Slieau Whallian View development in Peel? Will it get VDSL or is it stuck with ADSL?

Slieau Whallian View. Ha ha. If they carry on they'll be at the foot of it!

Archived