Helicopter Crash at the Creg!

Gladys

Privately owned Bell 206 with 1 onboard, receiving medical treatment but is probably ok.

Lucky though - most helicopter crashes are pretty bad because they have the gliding quotient of Johnny Vegas.

Must admit I did fear the worst. But the Police statement suggested they were speaking to the pilot involved. Its a hell of a recovery job though.

much bigger helicopter for the recovery??

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the event has got too big, and covers too much area that we just can't reign things in anymore.

Increase the population by 25% overnight anywhere in the world and I think there would be more accidents/incidents.

The imported population of even 20 years ago didn't have private Jet Rangers, or road bikes that could easily hit 190 mph. It's too much to try to control now in my view.

I disagree with the two examples you've given but I'm not interested in trying to be pedantic.I do understand what you mean, the island hasn't changed in size yet year on year it accommodates more visitors.

Do we know if this helicopter has anything to do with the TT ? It may possibly just have been a private helicopter on a routine transit flight. Let's wait and see........

Yes it accommodates more visitors, with faster machines, with more disposable wealth, to come back with even faster machines next year. Or maybe a Ferrari, or a Jet Ranger if they believe this is like Monaco from the lines thwy are fed by IOMG. That is my entire point. The ante gets upped every year, and we are at the edge of what we can manage.

I agree, its not so much about top speed its more about acceleration, many 1000cc bikes can do 100mph in first gear which is just insane.

We've plenty more room, we could actually fit the entire world's population here.

I aver.

If we assume an average space of 0.5 square metres each – and that children take up half as much space as adults – then it could go like this:

There are 5.2 billion adults and 1.9 billion children in the world. The adults would take up 2.6bn square metres – and the children 475million square metres. That doesn't take account of people who are obese but maybe the starving balances that out. Together, that is just over 3bn square metres.

So, while you could get all the children of the world on to the Isle of Man (which is 570million square metres), for the entire population you need to go a little bigger.

You don't expect to hear that the mountain road is closed due to a helicopter crash.

I don't know if emergency services are dealing with it from the mountain road or east Baldwin if its in the valley by the 33rd??

but if the mountain wasn't blocked by emergency vehicles the rubber neckers would help the accident statistics no end.

Archived