Helicopter Crash at the Creg!

Gladys

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've plenty more room, we could actually fit the entire world's population here.

I aver.

If we assume an average space of 0.5 square metres each – and that children take up half as much space as adults – then it could go like this:

There are 5.2 billion adults and 1.9 billion children in the world. The adults would take up 2.6bn square metres – and the children 475million square metres. That doesn't take account of people who are obese but maybe the starving balances that out. Together, that is just over 3bn square metres.

So, while you could get all the children of the world on to the Isle of Man (which is 570million square metres), for the entire population you need to go a little bigger.

if we had all the children in the world here I guess there would be 95 million square metres of priests filling the rest???

We've plenty more room, we could actually fit the entire world's population here.

I aver.

If we assume an average space of 0.5 square metres each – and that children take up half as much space as adults – then it could go like this:

There are 5.2 billion adults and 1.9 billion children in the world. The adults would take up 2.6bn square metres – and the children 475million square metres. That doesn't take account of people who are obese but maybe the starving balances that out. Together, that is just over 3bn square metres.

So, while you could get all the children of the world on to the Isle of Man (which is 570million square metres), for the entire population you need to go a little bigger.

Kids could sit on adults' shoulders.

I aver.

Randall Monroe says you'd need just over 5 times the land area here. But he doesn't show his workings, C-.

Where exactly is the Creg?

Peel.

No, seriously. Is the Creg limited to a public house or is the Creg a general location? Where is the original Creg-ny-Baa?

general location at a guess as there is the creg ny baa back road and likely a few other addresses in the area with creg ny baa in the title followed by farm or beg or manor etc etc, so I'd say not just a pub name.

Peel.

No, seriously. Is the Creg limited to a public house or is the Creg a general location? Where is the original Creg-ny-Baa?

You're the bleedin' Manxman, FFS...!

Peel.

When people say at 'the Creg' I always assume its in the rough location of the pub.

Archived