Helicopter Crash at the Creg!

Gladys

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I am asking here is where is the original rock of the cow. I assume it refers to some kind of farming marker?

It's where the pub is, somewhere around the junction of that back-road to Laxbee. Maybe the car park?

It's a mooooo-t point....whatever.gif

What I am asking here is where is the original rock of the cow. I assume it refers to some kind of farming marker?

It's where the pub is, somewhere around the junction of that back-road to Laxbee. Maybe the car park?

Yes but clearly the pub took the name from a local rock. So the question is - where's the rock????

The pub used to be the Keppel Hotel, at Creg-ny-Baa.

So the area's Creg ny Baa.

Anyway, the helicopter didn't crash there.

It was near the 33rd Milestone, which is some way further up hill, well past Kate's Cottage.

Yes but clearly the pub took the name from a local rock. So the question is - where's the rock????

Is it not a meteorite fragment? I remember my Ol'man saying something along these lines. Like the one in first, second, third avenue where those rich people live...

65 years ago my motorcycle could easily "hit" 120 mph.biggrin.png

And it weighted a ton and you probably wouldn't have put it into a corner at 120mph as you wouldn't have had the strength to pull it through so you backed off. Now you just go in flat tap as you think you can pull the speed through.

lol, I certainly wouldn't have put it into a corner at 120 mph, the bike I'm referring to was a standard bike out of the shop , Mr Surtees probably would be the chap to ask or Roly(?) Free ( 150mph + if memory serves)smile.png

Where exactly is the Creg?

Peel.

No, seriously. Is the Creg limited to a public house or is the Creg a general location? Where is the original Creg-ny-Baa?

The report says up from the 33rd Milestone - dickwad. I know being a pedantic Manx arsehole keeps you alive but "the Creg" in general terms could describe anywhere from the Creg Pub to Windy Corner. I leave you to your pedantry you sad bag of crap. Luckily nobody looks to have been killed so your TJ/Isaac style standard of idiocy has likely not offended anyone. Now fuck off. I'm sure you could chose to come back as a much nicer character expressing sympathy for all concerned rather than a sad knob getting pedantic about the use of vague local location descriptors.

Yes good thought, but the adults wouldn't fit on the Isle of Man anyway.

What about buildings, fill the Island with skyscrappers and capacity is practically unlimited?

Yes good thought, but the adults wouldn't fit on the Isle of Man anyway.

What about buildings, fill the Island with skyscrappers and capacity is practically unlimited?

And with the entire population of the world, the energy from waste plant capacity might look right-sized at last

I was just interested in hearing if anyone knew the etymology of the name Creg-ny-Baa. Lighten up.

Yeah it's only a near death helicopter crash, and you post complaining about reference to the Creg and whether it's strictly and geographically accurate. Go and fuck yourself, you c**t.

Archived