Public enquiry in to last year's Tholt-y-Will road death

Ceaseless Change

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad man done bad thing - is it necessary to have a witch hunt? What will it cost and what will the benefit be? Public enquiries tend to be aimed at extracting revenge on someone other than the perpetrator of the crime.

Bad man done bad thing - is it necessary to have a witch hunt? What will it cost and what will the benefit be? Public enquiries tend to be aimed at extracting revenge on someone other than the perpetrator of the crime.

Don't know about the cost, but the benefit might be identifying flaws in the parole and rehabilitation system, and fixing them, which might then save a life. It might save your life.

If he was a murderer and upon release went and murdered someone again I'd understand but are we really suggesting that if he had been kept in prison longer he'd not have driven a car recklessly?

If he was a murderer and upon release went and murdered someone again I'd understand but are we really suggesting that if he had been kept in prison longer he'd not have driven a car recklessly?

I think you meant to say "driven a car recklessly, that he wasn't insured to drive, was banned from driving, had no license to drive even if he hadn't been banned, had manipulated permission to drive it under false pretences, was over the limit to drive, was driving it whilst in possession of drugs, and finally killed someone in the act of using the car to flee arrest for DUI, having just assaulted the arresting officer".

Those are not the actions of a rehabilitated criminal. He was released 3 weeks earlier (from a long sentence for armed robbery of a pregnant woman). Not 3 months, let alone 3 years. 3 WEEKS.

We should all be concerned about why unrehabilitated, dangerous people are being released early.

Archived