Work Permit Not Working

Norville Rogers

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/skelly-why-relaxing-work-permit-rules-will-be-good-for-the-isle-of-man-1-7374259

I do not believe this is a step in the right direction for the indiginous population or the IOM. Simply put we are already overun with imported economic migrants and despite what the IOM Chamber of Commerce wishes enough is enough.

The indiginous population already fights for business with imported flotsom and jetsom who appear to settle here from anywhere with impunity and start whatever business they like come what may. The work permit system already a joke needs strengthened not weakened to suit the needs of a select few. Unless your skill is essential then if you are not manx or married to a manxperson you cannot work for 5 years and must support yourself before a work permit can be applied for. Furthermore if you are an import and convicted of an imprisonable offence you are deported forthwith on release.

The indiginous population already depleted and a minority need to start voicing their dissaproval over the current situation and start re balancing things in our favour to suit us not imported business interests. I am a second class citizen in my own country and its not good enough.

Every other country in the world has proper immigration rules in place. Britain, in which I include the Isle of Man, must be the laughing stock of the world with the way we happily let anyone in, no questions asked, and start handing out benefits and giving housing to them from day one. Other countries require you to have money in the bank and be able to prove you can financially look after yourself. Or at least they require you to have a skill, which they have a quota for. But we are expected to open our doors to anyone and everyone, and if you say anything about this unfair arrangement, you get leftists calling you a racist and ranting to you about the excellent care they get from the NHS, as if every immigrant is a doctor (and as if the country wouldn't be better off had their doctors put a pillow over their bleeding heart faces).

Every other country in the world has proper immigration rules in place. Britain, in which I wrongly include the Isle of Man, must be the laughing stock of the world with the way we happily let anyone in, no questions asked, and start handing out benefits and giving housing to them from day one. Other countries require you to have money in the bank and be able to prove you can financially look after yourself. Or at least they require you to have a skill, which they have a quota for. But we are expected to open our doors to anyone and everyone, and if you say anything about this unfair arrangement, you get leftists calling you a racist and ranting to you about the excellent care they get from the NHS, as if every immigrant is a doctor (and as if the country wouldn't be better off had their doctors put a pillow over their bleeding heart faces).

Fixed.

And the work permit is not working because it isn't being enforced. Enforce it and it will work.

I agree with your sentiment, but think it more accurately reflects the situation if you add the word 'fairly' to the end of the first sentence. It sometimes seems it depends who you are as to whether the legislation is properly adhered to.

Britain.......British Isles........who cares? It's all just semantics. The earliest inhabitants of the Isle of Man were Britons.

Possible but debatable, not a lot of proof (i think it comes down to one piece of ogham writing by a druid) - they could have been a strand of the populace with the Irish.

This is also a little tricky to explain. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronaldsway_culture

Britain.......British Isles........who cares? It's all just semantics. The earliest inhabitants of the Isle of Man were Britons.

Possible but debatable, not a lot of proof (i think it comes down to one piece of ogham writing by a druid) - they could have been a strand of the populace with the Irish.

This is also a little tricky to explain. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronaldsway_culture

The first inhabitants were Britonnic Celts. The Irish Celts arrived later, then the Vikings, then the Scots and English. The Manx culture is a synthesis of all of these influences.

Not TJ and how did your post relate to work permits? Maybe if some "Manx" people weren't so small minded, they would not be so offended about being called British. Manx people are British so live with it.

He makes a good point here. We've got literally BILLIONS of Chinese and Indians kicking our arses on the international stage, yet the crab mentality continues. "How dare you call me British". Haha! It won't matter if you're Manx or British when there are no jobs here and we're all speaking Chinese. The only way the Isle of Man will ever climb out of the middle ages is by introducing new blood to wash away the inbred farming families that still rule over us like Bond villains.

Not wanting to be British is not small minded. Call a Belgian French & see how you get on, call a Kiwi Australian and see what they say, call an Austrian German........

"You're British because we say you are whether you like it or not" is a far more small minded opinion.

Apart from the inescapable fact that we are not British, what makes you think we would want to be. There is hardly another country on earth that arrogantly overestimates its own importance than the UK.

The Empire is long gone, get over it.

Archived