Work Permit Not Working

Norville Rogers

... our government has failed to invest in training our young people to internationally recognised qualifications except in the limited range of courses that the IOM College offers.

What about those of us who went on to university, that was paid for by the IOM government.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being 'manx' is just an accident of birth. Not being bright enough to get a job on your own island of birth isn't. If the island is to survive it needs intelligent, educated entrepreneurs here to push the island forward, regardless of their accident of birthplace.

The Manx are as intelligent and savvy as any other race - it's just that our government has failed to invest in training our young people to internationally recognised qualifications except in the limited range of courses that the IOM College offers. Most of the most popular courses are over subscribed and prospective students have no other college or training provider to fall back on for their plan B or C as they do in the UK. Your post is actually extremely insulting to us Manx!
No it's not. This is the exact point I was making. Of course Manx people aren't born any differently from anyone else!

The issue is the island and it's brain dead leaders have mis-managed billions of pounds over decades when it had the opportunity to invest in it's future and create a unique niche to future-proof against the exact things we are seeing. The Manx people have been sold down the river by the short-sightedness of it's blinkered politicians and their mates in the civil service.

The problem with that is that people like me are encouraging their degree and masters degree educated children to think bigger than the Isle of Man because I don't want them burdened with the criminal financial issues set to face the next generation. It's quite sad really.

Being 'manx' is just an accident of birth. Not being bright enough to get a job on your own island of birth isn't. If the island is to survive it needs intelligent, educated entrepreneurs here to push the island forward, regardless of their accident of birthplace.

The Manx are as intelligent and savvy as any other race - it's just that our government has failed to invest in training our young people to internationally recognised qualifications except in the limited range of courses that the IOM College offers. Most of the most popular courses are over subscribed and prospective students have no other college or training provider to fall back on for their plan B or C as they do in the UK. Your post is actually extremely insulting to us Manx!

rolleyes.gif who keeps voting for idiots, last true manx person died in the 1970s. stamp in passport is just a twat stamp

... our government has failed to invest in training our young people to internationally recognised qualifications except in the limited range of courses that the IOM College offers.

What about those of us who went on to university, that was paid for by the IOM government.

And much gratitude you have shown. Remember what happened to Lord Haw-Haw. thumbsup.gif

I actually said 'training' as in vocational qualifications offered at FE colleges, not higher education.

And much gratitude you have shown. Remember what happened to Lord Haw-Haw. thumbsup.gif

Yes,

But in this scenario I'm the Winner!

I actually said 'training' as in vocational qualifications offered at FE colleges, not higher education.

You weren't very clear, I do accept your apology.

rolleyes.gif who keeps voting for idiots, last true manx person died in the 1970s. stamp in passport is just a twat stamp

So where is the other half of the population when it comes to voting? - i do believe people who move here get a vote - so why aren`t the thousands of English etc. using it or standing themselves.?

Yes,

But in this scenario I'm the Winner!

Game's not over yet.

Archived