Manx Forums Xmas Party

Rhumsaa

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creek Inn, Peel? Their beer battered cod is delicious.

wouldn't disagree but they can move you on if you are sitting at the tables and they have folk who want to eat , maybe a "quieter pub would be more suitable, I don't mind too much where we meet.

Creek Inn, Peel? Their beer battered cod is delicious.

wouldn't disagree but they can move you on if you are sitting at the tables and they have folk who want to eat , maybe a "quieter pub would be more suitable, I don't mind too much where we meet.

I think Douglas is a more central and popular destination and the Railway tends to quieten down later into the evening

The Creek whilst a personal favourite of mine is often full all night

So it's looking like 5th December is a prime date choice?

Any location preference in Douglas? Railway again?

5th may be the most popular, but is it the least unpopular? I can't do the 5th. In any case, the most popular seems to be Declan's 'Bah Humbug' option.

Well in the absence of people providing clear data in responses it's the best poll I could come up with. Happy to recreate one if you have other parameters.

What I meant was that I could do either of the other 2 days, but not the 5th. If the poll allowed multiple votes rather than a preference you might find that more could attend on one of the others, even though it might not have the most first preference votes. Don't know if the forum's polling system can cope with that though.

This will be some event, even if everyone turns up it will only amount to booking a couple of tables in a Bar, or mabye half a dozen Bar Stools.

Even then any self respecting Pub would have the throng ejected within a few minutes if most of the comments on hear are an example of the type of debate the ' locals ' would be subjected to

This will be some event, even if everyone turns up it will only amount to booking a couple of tables in a Bar, or mabye half a dozen Bar Stools.

Even then any self respecting Pub would have the throng ejected within a few minutes if most of the comments on hear are an example of the type of debate the ' locals ' would be subjected to

It is hoped that you will attend, it will enable you to demonstrate your amazing sense of reasoning and your stunning intellect to all other MF members in attendance?

What I meant was that I could do either of the other 2 days, but not the 5th. If the poll allowed multiple votes rather than a preference you might find that more could attend on one of the others, even though it might not have the most first preference votes. Don't know if the forum's polling system can cope with that though.

I've a better idea! Why don't we have 2 parties, in 2 different places? That way folk of a similar feather will congregate and there will not be a throng (of potential bickerers) descending on any single pub :)

To be honest with you (in my best Welsh accent) there have been some unnecessarily unpleasant comments in reply to the party idea, not sure if I want to go out anymore :( but but but me little forum friends are much nicer than 'the haters', so long as it's not raining, I will be there whichever night..maybe both ;)

It is hoped that you will attend, it will enable you to demonstrate your amazing sense of reasoning and your stunning intellect to all other MF members in attendance?

You have a point there, one of the few I agree with, but why would I bother, like you , my opinions are unlikely to change, and many of the contributors on here just confirm my beliefs. Have a nice day I'm of to gym

Archived