Manx Forums Xmas Party

Rhumsaa

Following discussion in another thread it seems sensible to create a new thread to gauge interest and sort out some details

As Gladys said - lets sort a venue, date and time.

Probably somewhere in Douglas? in December? in the evening?

Also - will thebees dress as an elf?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have to? The forum always turns into a festering cesspool of hate when you hold these events.

It does? Everyone I met was lovely, I was even offered a wife and a hamster.

Well there was the time, FCMR came back shouting abuse at everyone who didn't attend.

Even if there's no arguments everyone else has to endure weeks of your tedious in jokes from the poor sods who did attend.

If you lot haven't any friends or social life you should all join Tinder rather than turn this place into a facebook group.

Perhaps he meant in the absence of the regulars that are attending the party?

The forums are not active enough at the moment for that to make any difference.

Hopefully there will be a great increase in activity towards the end of next summer and I pray to Odin that we have reason to party next Xmas, but I will not hold my breath.

Declan, what's with the bigger moany face attitude than usual? As was said on the other tread "If you don't like it, you don't have to go." and you don't have to look at this thread if the subject offends you so. I have some acquaintances I've made here that I'd like to see more often but don't, be nice to catch up with them off line. Also, last time I was that busy eating sandwiches & marrying my daughter off to AC that I hardly spoke to Wrighty or Stu Peters (although I do believe we might have issues over air space, he likes to talk too).

An elf? That would be quite amusing :) Leave it with me.

Didn't you say you were a Ballaugh local? The Raven is a good pub.

I am local in the sense that Ramsey is 6 miles away from Ballaugh

No townies!! Sneaking around with your beardy ways. This is a local pub for local people.

Declan, what's with the bigger moany face attitude than usual? As was said on the other tread "If you don't like it, you don't have to go." and you don't have to look at this thread if the subject offends you so. I have some acquaintances I've made here that I'd like to see more often but don't, be nice to catch up with them off line. Also, last time I was that busy eating sandwiches & marrying my daughter off to AC that I hardly spoke to Wrighty or Stu Peters (although I do believe we might have issues over air space, he likes to talk too).

An elf? That would be quite amusing smile.png Leave it with me.

Declan has something of a point. The thread quality has steadily degraded and I can understand his point to that extent. I was having a look through the thread about the accident in Kirk Michael and the debate about the length of the sentence. This is topical and reasonably serious......or at least it was until a couple of idiots started the usual name calling nonsense that ruins so many threads. They weren't even that bothered that the thread was about someone who'd died.

I suppose, none of those types are likely to turn up anyway - which is a bonus.

Love the elf idea too - can you make it a kinky sort of elf with stockings etc please.

To be fair, in all the years we've done get-togethers, FCMR was the only one that was a bit lively (and he really wasn't THAT bad, he'd just started a LOT earlier than the rest of us and was a bit vocal - he thought I was ans at the first one). There was that random dude that got chucked out of Amber one year but I don't think he was one of us, just a bit pished.

They're always good nights, no matter who turns up.

Archived