Manx Forums Xmas Party

Rhumsaa

what kind of things go on at a manxforums meet up?

And how do people know who is whom? do you all wear name badges with your forum name(s) on?

will there be food, such as a buffet?

I might pop in and say hello, especially if there is food.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what kind of things go on at a manxforums meet up? And how do people know who is whom?

It's a bit like the telephone thing in that when you face-to-face they don't look anything like they sound if you know what I mean.

Might be difficult with no lonan3...

The food thing is difficult when numbers are so unpredictable. Last time, Bees cooked for a veritable hoard, I contributed and even Yin left some cupcakes (I think) but scurried off as she was too shy to introduce herself. There was tons left over which was such a shame. Happy to chuck something in, but not if we can't be sure of numbers.

I am away on the 12th, but if that is the preferred date, it should go ahead.

The food thing is difficult when numbers are so unpredictable. Last time, Bees cooked for a veritable hoard, I contributed and even Yin left some cupcakes (I think) but scurried off as she was too shy to introduce herself. There was tons left over which was such a shame. Happy to chuck something in, but not if we can't be sure of numbers.

'Shy'! Gladys I think you are wonderful, I can't remember anyone ever calling me shy.:-)

That last bit came over all wrong, but you know what I mean, I hope.

Yin, if you weren't shy, why didn't you stay? :)

And how do people know who is whom? do you all wear name badges with your forum name(s) on?

We're all dressed in cloaks, wearing masks. We perform certain rituals throughout the night.

The chosen all know the sacred words which, when spoken, reveal our identities to each other.

Oh and goats, there's always goats...

We don't require food, we all sip from a chalice filled with blood.

We're all dressed in cloaks, wearing masks. We perform certain rituals throughout the night.

The chosen all know the sacred words which, when spoken, reveal our identities to each other.

Oh and goats, there's always goats...

We don't require food, we all sip from a chalice filled with blood.

Sounds like just another Friday night to me!

You could wear your Karategi.

Grrrr.

Agree on the catering side - you guys did an amazing job on the food (I was eating tuna nicoise salad for days after). I think a few Mince pies would be more than adequate for a bit of a mingle.

Archived