Civil service fat cats "a myth"

Amadeus

Wonder if Beecroft and Karran are compiling the questions yet...?

If they are they're way too fucking late. Quayle and Beecroft have always seemed very loved-up anyway.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Director of Transformation".

Isn't that a bit like the job the DJ from Manx Radio landed?

That was one of these limited "Two year" jobs, but that was way back in 2008. Aye, once you know how to get your feet under the table and slap the right backs and don't rock the boat like what you are supposed to, then the big bucks will keep on rolling for many a year to come :)

Quayle, being a wealthy farmer and long-term recipient of Govt largesse is very much part of the Establishment. He'll be hard to sack or get rid of, save the electorate doing it next September, let alone the embarrassment to Bell himself that this us going to cause. Wonder if Beecroft and Karran are compiling the questions yet...?

My bet is that the likes of Quayle would never get to put a foot over the doorstep of Tynwald if he had to gain an Island wide mandate at election time.

It yet again highlights the wholly unsatisfactory nature and validity of the present electoral system.

Quayle, elected on 922 votes at level of Parish Councillor is now at the helm of the whole nation's health service.w00t.gif

So the trip to NZ was a complete and utter waste of time and money after all.

No it wasn't. Mr. Charters got to visit his rels. Quayle got to stand in sheepshit rather than the bullshit he's used to. It was all character-building, life experience stuff. It'll hold us in good stead, I'm convinced...sort of.... whatever.gif

....yup, I'm all for an all island voting system.

Island wide with far less constituencies and fewer MHK's.......Bet Quayle wouldn't be too enthusiastic for that option.

Edit to add: MHK's constituency representing duties should be reduced to East, West,North and South. Same for Local Authorities,4 is more than enough.

....yup, I'm all for an all island voting system.

Island wide with far less constituencies and fewer MHK's.......Bet Quayle wouldn't be too enthusiastic for that option.

Edit to add: MHK's constituency representing duties should be reduced to East, West,North and South. Same for Local Authorities,4 is more than enough.

But the 4 local authorities would be more bureaucratic than the small authorities we have now. Do we want another 4 Douglas Corporations? No!

Well at least he's gone into a Department as chief exec and within a few months has looked at the highly paid and said "Right, we don't need him, him and him. Bye bye." How many other Departments have been subject to that kind of scrutiny at the very top?

One of my neighbours told me (and this sounds so ludicrous that I may be the victim of a massive piss-take here, so have a good laugh if I am) that the Charters regime actually got as far as advertising for a "Director of Transformation". Surely that's something out of Harry Potter and Hogwarts. My neighbour couldn't tell me if that post was actually appointed but by Christ I hope not.

http://www.hsjjobs.com/job/2574604/director-of-transformation/

We are seeking an inspiring [vaguely credible] Director of Transformation [high profile bullshitter] to lead and drive [turn up for work] business and cultural change across Health and Social Care, in support of our ambitious agenda [expensive tax funded pipe dream] for the people of the Isle of Man.

Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer our Director of Transformation [bullshitter] will, in partnership [but likely unilaterally driven by a huge taxpayer bankrolled ego] with the Senior Management Team [the usual bunch of failures & chancers] develop and drive [sit back and watch] the Department’s programme for change [delivery of more of the same].

This is a great opportunity [to receive a massive cheque] for an accomplished [ego driven] change maker [no such word exists - let's stick to bullshitter] who can match striving for outstanding care [doing very little] with pragmatism [doing very little] in a complex [over politicised & ego driven] environment.

To qualify [basically just apply] for the post candidates must have:

* An Internationally recognised Professional Qualification in business, for example Engineering, HR, Finance [basically any qualification, in any industry]

* A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working at senior management level [bullshitting] within a large organisation - public or private sector [so basically a role within in any organisation.

I wonder if a specific appointee was earmarked for this. Another "bring your mates" job. This is what happens all over the UK with public sector "high flyers". They move around from body to body upping the ante all the time. There are more taxpayers over there to pay for it, not that that makes it any better. Here they seek to build their empires in the same way but to charge it to so few of us.

Archived