Gas Prices to Fall

Zammo Maguire

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short version. Lots of people have left or are in the process of leaving manx gas and this token gesture of a reduction is the band aid to try and stop the bleeding. Way too little way too late. If you are in the band F range they could knock 30% off and oil would still be cheaper to run.

As for Quirk what a joker, the shit that guy comes out with instead of some action ! I agree with WTF this is the what have we done moment !

Is it really?

Do you think a handful of people moving away from MG makes a jot of difference?

And it will only be a handful too. It's time consuming and expensive to move. Plus the majority of their supply network is stable and cannot move.

I have it on very good authority from an acquaintance of mine employed by MG that they were taken aback by the reaction and volumes of calls and correspondence that the original proposals generated.

I have it on very good authority from an acquaintance of mine employed by MG that they were taken aback by the reaction and volumes of calls and correspondence that the original proposals generated.

So much so that the parent company went ahead and implemented the same banded tariffs in Jersey afterwards.

I have no doubt they took plenty of calls, correspondence and flack. From me included.

But the reality is that as far as numbers of customers leaving goes it will have been minimal.

be interesting to know how many new oil boilers and oil tanks have been sold as a pair from city plumbing and cuplass over the last 3 months compared to last year?? what is 'minimal'? 10, 50, 100?? ANY is more than there would be if the pricing was fair and competitive with oil heating, which it could be a lot closer to.

Just wait until the next gas bill pops through your letterbox and this announcement will be totally pointless and inane.

Merry Xmas Quirk and Ball, enjoy yourselves and remember the pain you and your useless/ toothless department will have inflicted on the residents of this Island.

You have been aided in this robbery by a corrupt Government that seems to be of the opinion that citizens ( in the spirit of Christmas} can just keep on giving, BUSTARDS.

All this in the same week you decide to grant yourselves a review of emoluments for being on a committee, FFS this is what you are paid to do is it not.

The Isle of Man is finished, well done chaps and there is fook all honourable about any of you load of winkers.

Hope your Turkey has salmonella.

On a lighter note, to everybody else MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Archived