Gas Prices to Fall

Zammo Maguire

At least I have the satisfaction of sitting here this evening toasty warm, on oil, on the full tank of standing charge !

Ditto. @ £300 for 900 litres.

Swivel on this, Mr Nicholls.

Same here. It makes oil seem so cheap that I've replummed my toilet so that it flushes with hot water.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what it amounts to IMO, is, if we keep our gas consumption down so we are only paying the 16p a day Standing Charge, and on a tariff of just below 8p, Manx Gas will go to the wall, or will they work out another way to make us pay?.

I am on Band C, and as a pensioner and living in a Council House, I can't just change to oil, so like others in the same situation we are trapped.

One question on the subject of trying to save the planet, Does our Government agree with the decision of all those nations who met in Paris to cut the use of fossil fuels or not?.

With a small Island surely it would be a world appraisal, if we had only Solar and Wind and Sea Power as our means of generating our energy, in other words give everybody on low incomes free Solar Panels and Wind Turbines, what a news item that would make to the media.

Now I await the backlash and views of the septics, remember we a are a very small Island, not the size of Australia.

So what it amounts to IMO, is, if we keep our gas consumption down so we are only paying the 16p a day Standing Charge, and on a tariff of just below 8p, Manx Gas will go to the wall, or will they work out another way to make us pay?.

I am on Band C, and as a pensioner and living in a Council House, I can't just change to oil, so like others in the same situation we are trapped.

One question on the subject of trying to save the planet, Does our Government agree with the decision of all those nations who met in Paris to cut the use of fossil fuels or not?.

With a small Island surely it would be a world appraisal, if we had only Solar and Wind and Sea Power as our means of generating our energy, in other words give everybody on low incomes free Solar Panels and Wind Turbines, what a news item that would make to the media.

Now I await the backlash and views of the septics, remember we a are a very small Island, not the size of Australia.

Sadly EORH we are in no position to dictate any green or humanitarian energy policy as the MEA debt is the driver of our energy policy and will be for the foreseeable future !

At least I have the satisfaction of sitting here this evening toasty warm, on oil, on the full tank of standing charge !

Same here. It makes oil seem so cheap that I've replummed my toilet so that it flushes with hot water.

I'm flushing my toilet with heating oil...

I'm flushing my toilet with heating oil...

Allan says we've never had it so good!

OFT urges concerned gas customers to make contact

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/oft-urges-concerned-gas-customers-to-make-contact/

Anyone with concerns about gas tariff and standing charge changes is asked to contact the Office of Fair Trading.

The OFT has re-opened today following the New Year break - it says officers are ready to help anyone struggling to understand how it might affect them

B..but...didn't they say it's getting cheaper? Why would anyone be struggling?

"The OFT has re-opened today following the New Year break - it says officers are ready to help anyone struggling to understand how it might affect them"

There isn't much to understand really. Initially your bill is broadly the same based on the same consumption. However, you can rest easy knowing that if you are amongst Manx Gas' best customers you'll be paying far more than you should.

And if you are not amongst their better customers you've got away with it.

Well, about as much as you can when everyone is getting pumped. It's just a question of to what degree you are getting dry humped really.

Archived