Gas Prices to Fall

Zammo Maguire

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35308022

Thanks to the OFT customers here will not be seeing the benefits of this I will guess.

So according to that news item we are getting truly ripped off, not only with gas prices, but electricity, and fuel at the pumps and in the home heating, now we look forward to rent and rate rises, plus rises in Road Fund Licence, and Driving Licences, " they have gone up by 67% in 3 years ", IE £9 for a 3 year one to £15, Toilet Tax rises, will it never end, with this Governments record on all this, will they have any chance of being re-elected?.

With Quirk getting grilled this morning on Manx Radio, Stu should have him and Rob Callister in the studio at dinnertime for the public to grill him, not about the Peel Silt, [ which he only wants to talk about ] but the gas price hike, this should have been out to full discussion by the public, not just by him, the gas co, and DED or whoever was sitting around that table making an agreement without the public having a say, is this is what is called democracy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35308022

Thanks to the OFT customers here will not be seeing the benefits of this I will guess.

So according to that news item we are getting truly ripped off, not only with gas prices, but electricity, and fuel at the pumps and in the home heating, now we look forward to rent and rate rises, plus rises in Road Fund Licence, and Driving Licences, " they have gone up by 67% in 3 years ", IE £9 for a 3 year one to £15, Toilet Tax rises, will it never end, with this Governments record on all this, will they have any chance of being re-elected?.

With Quirk getting grilled this morning on Manx Radio, Stu should have him and Rob Callister in the studio at dinnertime for the public to grill him, not about the Peel Silt, [ which he only wants to talk about ] but the gas price hike, this should have been out to full discussion by the public, not just by him, the gas co, and DED or whoever was sitting around that table making an agreement without the public having a say, is this is what is called democracy.

My gas bill is down EORH and I'm paying nearly a third less for fuel than I was last year. My glass is half full.

The interview with Mr. Callister then the live interview with Mr. Quirk on Manx Radio this morning was brilliant.

James Davies was excellent, well worth a listen on the Manx Radio on demand Service.

Just after the 8am news

Too right!

I thought James was very good and did not bow to Quirks attempts to bully his way through.

Quirk proved,yet again, was a complete dick he is. He is obnoxious at best.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35321723

The UK seem to get the basis for overcharging from the article :

"We really should be seeing bigger retail cuts than we have seen so far," he told Radio 4's Today programme.

He said that energy firms were charging these customers as much as they could get because they were "not facing strong enough competitive challenges".

God knows what OFGEM would make of our dimwits !

E-on have just announced a 5-1% cut in gas prices after pressure from the UK authorities, and that is off their prices which are already significantly lower than Manx Gas.

I appreciate that we are a small jurisdiction with a small population, but surely the useless Quirk and Ball show "THE OFT" should be sanctioned for being so stupid as to sign an agreement which in effect is likely to force many people into fuel poverty and severe hardship.

The Isle of Man- Where you can, I'm alright jack so suck on itchris.gif

I have just done a quick comparison with heating oil, using the OFT 900ltr & 450ltr pricing matrix in their monthly comparative reporting:

Last OFT numbers taken on 04.01.2016:

900ltrs 39.55p/ltr

450ltrs 43.75p/ltr

County Antrim (post code BT41):

900ltrs 23.82p/ltr

450ltrs 28.00p/ltr

(Both for delivery within 5 business days)

I used NI as the comparison as they too have to import fuel oil.

Not sure how representative that might be elsewhere as I haven't had the time to look into it yet but could we also be looking at oil suppliers making a muckle?

E-on have just announced a 5-1% cut in gas prices after pressure from the UK authorities, and that is off their prices which are already significantly lower than Manx Gas.

I appreciate that we are a small jurisdiction with a small population, but surely the useless Quirk and Ball show "THE OFT" should be sanctioned for being so stupid as to sign an agreement which in effect is likely to force many people into fuel poverty and severe hardship.

The Isle of Man- Where you can, I'm alright jack so suck on itchris.gif

I have been told it was COMIN who instructed Treasury & OFT to 'agree' something with MG.

Archived