Entrepreneur Dies

slinkydevil

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He paid for speedy boarding, should get a good seat in heaven, assuming god cares about money that is

To quote... "And in 2011 he received a Papal knighthood, in recognition of his decision to give away half of his fortune to the Catholic Church."

I mean seriously? He could have got a REAL knighthood for a fraction of the price.

Yawn

Well I'm not often gobsmacked by responses to posts "notwell" but if all you can say after reading "thebees" link is "Yawn"........

The Bees has it nailed.

I hope people never forget what this person did to Roly.

A sock puppet earlier said we should show some respect !! What respect did poor Roly get .

Yep that's right, NONE

Yawn

Well I'm not often gobsmacked by responses to posts "notwell" but if all you can say after reading "thebees" link is "Yawn"........

The Bees has it nailed.

A sock puppet earlier said we should show some respect !! What respect did poor Roly get .

Yep that's right, NONE

I think that more to the point, Roly Drower exposed the island's legal system for what it was in a far more dramatic fashion than just writing about it. The fact that Albert Gubay was able to bring the charge against him and manipulate our government says far more about us than it does about him!

Yawn

The Bees has it nailed.

Yep that's right, NONE

I think that more to the point, Roly Drower exposed the island's legal system for what it was in a far more dramatic fashion than just writing about it. The fact that Albert Gubay was able to bring the charge against him and manipulate our government says far more about us than it does about him!

>The fact that Albert Gubay was able to bring the charge against him and manipulate our government says far more about us than it does about him!

One wonders how many he'd bought off?

The left footers fawned over him to an indecent degree too; so they're in 'good' company.

But even God gave up on Albert at the end.

Lesson to be learnt there?

TBT.

eta:- Imagine the good that you could do with Albert's resources.

Yawn

The Bees has it nailed.

Yep that's right, NONE

I agree the system was/is shit, but Gubay exposed himself for what he was, even more.

Playing games with people's well being is probably fun when you have money to burn and nothing to lose.

And how many in Govt. he allegedly had dropped in the shit because they didn't fall into his line on his view of issues (and I can think of one)?

Yawn

The Bees has it nailed.

Yep that's right, NONE

>The fact that Albert Gubay was able to bring the charge against him and manipulate our government says far more about us than it does about him!

One wonders how many he'd bought off?

The left footers fawned over him to an indecent degree too; so they're in 'good' company.

But even God gave up on Albert at the end.

Lesson to be learnt there?

TBT.

eta:- Imagine the good that you could do with Albert's resources.

Well said TBT

And how many in Govt. he allegedly had dropped in the shit because they didn't fall into his line on his view of issues (and I can think of one)?

I'm absolutely sure, he and people like him expose our weaknesses all the time. Yet we still elect the same turnip heads time after time and never bring them to account! We employ the same soft headed CS chiefs and never bring them to account!

I'd like to throw in a comment from "across" in Liverpool.

His development company has left Edge Lane and part of Mill Lane a mess for years basically to put pressure on the local council to get plans through for extending the existing development.

In the end he got his way - but still little has happened.

Place is a mess on the key route into Liverpool from the motorway - has so much potential

I pass some of this area every day on the way to work. I actually thought some work had started on the Ian Skelly site back in the summer - a digger had appeared and was there for a couple of days.

It was gathering bricks together into a heap - they are still there 6 months on!

The gas appliance factory which was bought and demolished several years ago in Mill Lane had its site surrounded by wooden fencing - the recent bad weather has blow sections down.

Archived