Entrepreneur Dies

slinkydevil

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame.....

Yes, shame on you for allowing all these disgusting comments about this man just because he's now dead. I note you didn't allow any while he was alive as you were scared of him. It's easy to be tough when the other person is dead or when you have moderator powers over them. What about his family who may be reading this thread? Have some respect. There are a whole lot of people who benefited from the philanthropy of this man, including me. Up yours @ the haters.

Fair point.

He was a tough business man but then you have to be to be that successful. He didn't take any shit (i'm a fan of that) and a lot of people didn't like it.

He did plenty of good on the island.

Shame.....

Yes, shame on you for allowing all these disgusting comments about this man just because he's now dead. I note you didn't allow any while he was alive as you were scared of him. It's easy to be tough when the other person is dead or when you have moderator powers over them. What about his family who may be reading this thread? Have some respect. There are a whole lot of people who benefited from the philanthropy of this man, including me. Up yours @ the haters.

I don't think anyone was scared of him, they were scared of being sued to bankruptcy by his lawyers.

Shame.....

I don't think anyone was scared of him, they were scared of being sued to bankruptcy by his lawyers.

Even his advocate, Peter Willers turned on him at the end.

https://www.judgments.im/content/search.mth?doctype-1=on&textsearchtype=1&searchtype=3&pagesize=50&searchaction=Search&searchtext=gubay+willers&templateelementids=1%2C2%2C3%2C4%2C5%2C6%2C7%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C12%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C19%2C20%2C22%2C23%2C24%2C25%2C26%2C50&searchbutton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0#bestbets_toggle#bestbets_toggle

TBT.

I wonder if this thread will be locked as '' not MFs finest moment ''???

PS. Before it is locked, legally, does his death mean that his past deeds can be openly discussed now?

It's probably different on the Isle of Man where a deemster can make the law up as he feels (with just perhaps lip service to this law or that law) but you cannot libel the dead.

eta

although that maxim has been challenged somewhat in the courts (effin' Europeans)

Archived