Those McCann's at it again

rmanx

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I've better things in my life than obsess about this, my opinion is irrelevant - I'll leave it to the police and public prosecutors to come to an opinion, thank you very much.

Because they always have the best of intentions...

and ask yourself why clarence mitchell got involved, why kate gave a no comment interview to every single question asked when there still was a theoretical chance her child could be found, why the gutter press were united in denouncing the portugese investigation at every step. why they didnt go looking for a missing 3 year old the night she vanished, why gerry performed a masonic ritual when first meeting the portugese investigators. by your own admission you say you dont know too much about the case. you are the one thinking with your emotions. do some research and then make your mind up

What a bloody awful thread, with such nasty opinions from people who only have information from the press coverage.

Were you there that night then?

No, I thought not . How do you form opinions, if not from what you see, hear and read?

Oh and were your rose tinted glasses from China too?

or you can read the witness statement of one of the very first english people on the scene. a social worker, recognised one of the tapas crew from an earlier very unsavoury case she was investigating. or you can answer with your emotions and say theres no way people of that standing can be in the wrong

Those two words are so important in this case.

If they were a working class couple this whole saga could never have taken place. It is only social class/standing that carries this along.

This would be just another digit on the missing list, or the parents arrested at the off.

Far away too much seems to have been buried, evidence wise.

I reckon the local Police had it sussed straight away.

Isn't our culture fascinating - the Madeline Mcann issue becomes one of class!

Everyone has got to take a gut feel on this one - did they didn't they?

The issue then becomes look at the huge fuss and issue the parents have made of this - going out and raising millions, striving to keep the story in the press, lobbying politicians and celebrities to keep police investigations going. That has taken a huge amount of motivation by the parents and they've got the skills and have made the connections to do it.

It is absolutely unprecedented, and means resources have been brought to bear which other parents could only dream of, parents who are also mourning the loss of a child.

And hence class becomes an issue.

My impression of rmanx's initial post was his gut feel was they did it, and they are using the fund-raising and merry-go-round to unfairly distract from the fact that they did it.

Rmanx and Stinky are claiming the evidence shows incomprehensible and suspicious behaviour. They've seen enough to make up their minds and post these suspicions.

I don't know about that, I know almost nothing about this case but I strongly suspect neither of Rmanx or Stinky have a grasp of more than a tiny fraction of the facts of the case gathered in its multiple investigations, and it is unlikely any amount of Daily Mail or Daily Telegraph stories is going to convince me they really know enough about this story to have a conviction on what has happened to this little girl.

But then they go all into conspiracies - Scotland Yard must be being stopped due to political interference due to the McCann's unfair influences, they're running it for the money etc etc.

It is essentially a misanthropic view of humanity - murderous parents, corrupt charities and policemen, influenced by class biased-politicians.

What motivates the McCanns to raise the profile of their child again and again? To encourage the accusations and insinuations to be made about them to be made yet again and again?

Is it all just a social class issue - with all the establishment jumping to their tune the moment to drum up a fuss because they've the right accent and connections.

My experience of life doesn't fit with that view at all.

It makes no sense to me why a family who committed a murder would continually try to get the investigation into that murder reopened, re-looked at, back into the headlines.

I'm sure the misanthropes will be able to tell me why, and bring up lots of class issues to justify it. It is likely I'll just say what I said before; this says more about them than the McCanns.

Yet you keep saying that you know little about this case.

I would like to see a poll of what all the Police that have, or even not been involved with this, to see a show of hands.

May open a few blinkered eyes.

why gerry performed a masonic ritual when first meeting the portugese investigators....

Not that I know much about Masons, but I thought the Pope frowned on them? Gerry's a definite card carrying, ring-kissing Catholic.

next i will be accused of trolling, sky news on the doorstep tomorrow

I've sent a link to this thread to Martin Brunt - let the race to register "Sweepyface" as a Manx Forums ID begin.

Archived