Those McCann's at it again

rmanx

Everyone has got to take a gut feel on this one

I haven't. The whole thing is barely on my radar - the occasional photo at a foreign airport is more or less all I know of this story.

But this thread is interesting. What sort of person would want to learn all the detail? It's weird how people end up so invested in the internet conspiracies and tabloid details of a thing. It seems like yet another manifestation of the conspiracy minded internet mob mentality which is gradually infecting everything.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what interests me pongo is how some very intelligent people can be so accepting of what they are told, even to the point of not looking at any evidence, then state things as truth and gospel and be so certain that they are right. no offense chinahand, it's not just you. im not saying you are wrong but how can you be so certain you are right?

what interests me pongo is how some very intelligent people can be so accepting of what they are told

That argument seems to have become a basic catch-all. People seem increasingly to believe that literally everything is a conspiracy - the EU, the UN, banksters, UFOs, the BBC, cures for cancer, Jews, NATO, capitalists, the Police, MPs etc etc.

I basically blame the internet.

what interests me pongo is how some very intelligent people can be so accepting of what they are told

That argument seems to have become a basic catch-all. People seem increasingly to believe that literally everything is a conspiracy - the EU, the UN, banksters, UFOs, the BBC, cures for cancer, Jews, NATO, capitalists, the Police, MPs etc etc.I basically blame the internet.

I don't.... I blame the Lizard People.

they didnt go out and look for her the night she went missing. as a parent thats completely incomprehensible to me

The McCann's were advised by the PJ to not join in the search. There were two other siblings to care for also.

What a bloody awful thread, with such nasty opinions from people who only have information from the press coverage.

Were you there that night then?

No, I thought not . How do you form opinions, if not from what you see, hear and read?

Oh and were your rose tinted glasses from China too?

And what the fuck do you know about the case? You weren't there that night either so how do you form your opinions on this?

Read what I said about how we form our opinions, .

The McCanns had 3 kids to care for, remember, but that didn't bother them too much before, did it.

No, I was not there, (nor were any Jury members or Judges !) but I have read just about everything published about this case, both here, in Spain and in Germany.

Reading all that and reading between the lines too it is vary easy to form an opinion.

Are you just like Chinahand and shouting people down for their views, even though he,( at least,) knows very little about it ?.

I don't know if you are a parent, but I am and strange parental behaviour stands out a mile.

I am a parent. Am I like Chinahand? Only from a million miles away.

What irks me is that you'll claim, like others, that you've read up on this subject and feel informed.

I posted a link to a rebuttal site, did you bother to read that? Probably not.

It's about the whole story not just the lazy self-satisfying conjecture spouted by conspiracy theorists pissing down their legs, smug in false knowledge.

But I have read up on it and read the Police reports witness statements and just about everything I have seen about the case.

What makes your opinion any more informed than mine (or about 95% of others)?. You believe what you have read just like I believe lots of the stuff I've read.

I think the link you posted was bollocks, you think it's fact.

Also can't understand the bitterness and swearing in your posts towards those of us with opposing views to yours.

As I said before, we ALL form our opinions from what we hear, see and read. That includes every Joe Public, Judge and Jury member who have not been at the scene of any of the crimes.

Just like the religion debate - the agnostics are accused by the believers of hiding from the evidence that the believers know to be true, and agnosticism isn't accepted as a legitimate point of view: we're the ones who have been taken in; as Quilp says oh the irony.

My position on this issue is doubt, I do not think anyone has enough evidence to justify the vitriol and obsession this case generates. The problem with saying that is those who are sure will bombard you with their proof, but I'm not emotionally invested in it, I'm not interested in your claims to have solved this case. Those whose job it is to collect, weigh up evidence and prosecute people don't agree that any case has been made.

Until they do and that case is heard, overcomes a defence and is accepted by a jury I'm honest enough to say I don't know the details.

Unlike Dilligaf who clearly wants to put on his black cap and bang down his gavel.

It's that vacuum inside their heads China; that always needs filling, always needs answers, explanations, reasons, and closure. An opportunistic media, and the new social media with its viral paranoia, generates and fills that space. If Millie Dowler's killer hadn't been found, then the conspiracy spotlight would have lasered in on Millie's father. But instead they've got that fat evil bastard Bellfield to fill the hole in their imagination, and boy does he fill it. Case and conspiracy closed, 'nothing to see here', we've got our man, literally and imaginatively.

Christ, this is a piss poor thread.

Archived