Talking Heads Complaint

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the 'Keep the trams off the walkway' bloke is making a formal complaint about Stu Peters handling of show on the prom redevelopment. Anyone following it? Quite entertaining. Here is the complaint outlined on Facebook.

I see this guy is still at it....it's been over 12 years now since this guy left Manx Radio News Dept, then wanted his job back and when he didn't get it, has been throwing his toys out of the pram ever since. He has numerous accounts on here to try and appear as if he's posting as several different people....same as facebook, twitter, etc.....it's time to move on.

Anytime you see a thread attacking Manx Radio, rest assured it is this guy....quite sad really....

(my bold)

It's one of the more amusing, if depressing, features of Manx Forums that so many people who post seem determined to believe that anyone who attacks some beloved institution of theirs, must be a sock puppet of some kind. The concept that more than one individual might have an opinion that is different from theirs is inconceivable - instead some mastermind enemy with a personal grudge must be manipulating things.

And it always has to be for some personal reason, the idea that anyone might oppose something on more objective or moral grounds out of principle (rightly or wrongly) is never allowed to be true. It must be an evil conspiracy, entirely motivated by malice and a failure to jump on the appropriate gravy train.

I'm sure some people do use various personae for various reasons - sometimes you think you can detect it on stylistic grounds or by certain recurrent obsessions. But in the end it is what is written that matters, not who wrote it or why they did. If something is a valid point it is valid, no matter who made it. If something is misinformed or incorrect, it can be refuted or corrected. Far too often on the Island people think they can avoid criticism by finger-pointing and the attribution of personal motives.

i always said that alex brindley would be perfect for the talking heads gig. he's too much of a maverick though. that only makes me admire him more

I looked at this post just after it appeared. I went back twice more and read it again to make sure I was really seeing it right. I've been lost for words on it for five hours which is practically unheard of. Is it satire?

ETA: Brindley's done Mannin Line and the world didn't end.

Heard it now. Thanks for the link MTP.

I really can't see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah me too. I mean, I'm sure we all have a mental image of Stu Peters coming out of the coffee shop, firing up the motor, leaning over to thumb aside a few dog eared copies of Playboy or Mayfair to unearth a flip top pack of Marlboros, sparking one up before slipping on the driving gloves, hitting play on some cheesy middle of the road rock bilge and going for a drive down the prom. And the frustration that this image might be somewhat diluted by trundling along behind a stupid tram. But it's pretty obvious that the views aired on this show are personal opinion. B, B, B, Baybeee, You ain't seen nuffin' yet, duh, duh*....

*Duh, in this context, is indicative of a power chord of indiscriminate root.

Eta, - this is only a mental image gleaned from contributions to Manx Forums and the occasional listen to Manx Radio. I have no idea who he is in the flesh, or what he looks like. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even have a driving licence.

Archived