Talking Heads Complaint

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can listen again here and make your own mind up. If you can be arsed.

It's worth a listen, if only for the start, which sets the presenters table out very well.

I think this campaigner is doing himself no favours whatsoever. As someone has already said, Stuart Peters won't be losing any sleep over this, but clearly Murray is.

I see the 'Keep the trams off the walkway' bloke is making a formal complaint about Stu Peters handling of show on the prom redevelopment. Anyone following it? Quite entertaining. Here is the complaint outlined on Facebook.

I see this guy is still at it....it's been over 12 years now since this guy left Manx Radio News Dept, then wanted his job back and when he didn't get it, has been throwing his toys out of the pram ever since. He has numerous accounts on here to try and appear as if he's posting as several different people....same as facebook, twitter, etc.....it's time to move on.

Anytime you see a thread attacking Manx Radio, rest assured it is this guy....quite sad really....

Just listened to it in the office. The complaint is a load of cobblers. It's basically a phone in programme and Stu gave his view. Anyone is entitled to come on and give their views, indeed Stu urges them to and tries to provoke them to do so. The funniest thing is that the final contributor accused Stu of conducting a vendetta against the horse trams! Many of the regulations set out in the complaint relate to documentary type programmes which obviously do require balance and they are not relevant to this. If the complaint was given the brush off it seems to me that's exactly what it deserved.

"Keep the trams off the walkways" is a nutter. How much has his bleating and pointless complaint about the plans cost us?

Stu's right about the walkway but his pro-car rant in the middle is pathetic.

The old low-life trick of editing someone's post and adding "fixed", to make it look they had said something different, is devious and underhand. However, I'll let you off, since you've not changed the meaning.

I don't think it is devious or underhand if you have pointedly branded it with "fixed" beneath it. It's sometimes a useful tool to make a strong point. I would agree with you if somebody just alters the text without making it very obvious, or within multiple quoted posts where it is possible but undesirable.

ETA: it's probably better if the "fixer" makes the alteration very obvious by font, style or underlining the bit they've altered, even if it was taking something out.

Archived