How Fast Is Your Broadband ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in central Douglas, I would be fortunate with half that.

How are you measuring to assume you would be happy with half thst? In central Douglas at less than 10mbps you either have shit wifi coverage or are not payments nag for ultimate. Neither of which are really the ISPs fault

I'm in central Douglas, I would be fortunate with half that.

How are you measuring to assume you would be happy with half thst? In central Douglas at less than 10mbps you either have shit wifi coverage or are not payments nag for ultimate. Neither of which are really the ISPs fault

Wifi not used up until a couple of months ago, so until then landline and cable into router. Here are my results since 2013:

Eta not Ultimate. Maybe I need to start.

post-35905-0-33413500-1468499652_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

My broadband is crap. Everytime I ring MT to complain they helpfully point out that it's my fault for living in the IOM in a house that is supplied by MT. But for a £150 call out fee they will send someone round to confirm that it's my fault for living in the IOM and using MT as my supplier.

I might have to try Sure 4G. I tried Bluewave's 4G and it was poor. Do you use the router that Sure supply? I think I'll try it using my mifi device before committing to getting a 4G router.

I'm in central Douglas on ADSL, MT have no plans to upgrade our street to VDSL. Amazon prime videos keep freezing, and that's while no one else is using the internet.

I might have to try Sure 4G. I tried Bluewave's 4G and it was poor. Do you use the router that Sure supply? I think I'll try it using my mifi device before committing to getting a 4G router.

I'm in central Douglas on ADSL, MT have no plans to upgrade our street to VDSL. Amazon prime videos keep freezing, and that's while no one else is using the internet.

If you're in Central Douglas you'll already be able to get VDSL. You'll just have to upgrade yourself by calling them or applying online.

No, I use an Teltonika RUT955 router connected to an external MIMO antenna.

Archived