Douglas Central

Donald Trumps

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that the lady that was in the paper saying she was sacked for having cancer?

"She said: ‘I hope the constituents of Douglas Central find me to be open, honest and reliable. A trustworthy candidate with an enthusiastic approach to improving the way of life on Ellan Vannin. My main objectives will be to listen, and with the constituents’ support ensure the regulation of our government’s departments such as the health service, education and hotels, to name a few."[/size]

The government department of hotels, needs someone to ensure it is regulated? They'll eat her alive in Tynwald. [/size]

I have to say that just when all seemed to be completely lost anyway the constant conveyor belt of muppets this election throws up just got even worse. We really are doomed. Just when the chips really are down and we are a hairs breadth from financial wipeout we get even worse dickheads coming forward than we already have.

If you looked in the thread about the sacking for having cancer you might come across a news article which would suggest this woman is extremely brave to put herself out there in such a public manner.

I hope her election campaign is based on her merits as a politician not any drama or history

No substance to the campaign just yet - makes lots of vague promises about publishing a manifesto. In the comments on IOM Newspapers she says she will "way up problems carefully" so would probably be a good education member - in charge of literacy!

No substance to the campaign just yet - makes lots of vague promises about publishing a manifesto. In the comments on IOM Newspapers she says she will "way up problems carefully" so would probably be a good education member - in charge of literacy!

In that case perhaps she should be standing weigh down south.

Looking at her comments on IOMToday she just comes across as another government mental case obsessed with bullying and the fact that people in government are apparently out to get her. Has she stolen Amy Burns campaign plan?

Whey. I suspect she's milking it.

Well the cream does float to the top.

Amongst other things.

Well the cream does float to the top.

Amongst other things.

Just wondering did anyone in Councillor Ann Corlett's constituency (St Georges Ward) get to see her manifesto for the April 2016 Council election?

If so did she say "I'm off to pastures greener come September?"

Her Council mission statement says: (Link: http://www.douglas.gov.im/index.php/the-council/councillors

Mission Statement:

"I shall seek to uphold the Council’s values of openness, accessibility and honesty. I look forward to having the opportunity to contribute to local government reform. I also maintain that while we must value our heritage we must be brave and embrace positive change. "

Doesn't seem to be any mention of her intent to desert her 4 year term as a Town Councillor. She seems to me to be misleading her Ward Constituents and causing them the unnescessary inconvenience of a Council by-election

(Exactly the same goes for all the other Town Councillors who have done similarly for this General Election)

Just wondering did anyone in Councillor Ann Corlett's constituency (St Georges Ward) get to see her manifesto for the April 2016 Council election?

If so did she say "I'm off to pastures greener come September?"

Her Council mission statement says: (Link: http://www.douglas.gov.im/index.php/the-council/councillors

Mission Statement:

"I shall seek to uphold the Council’s values of openness, accessibility and honesty. I look forward to having the opportunity to contribute to local government reform. I also maintain that while we must value our heritage we must be brave and embrace positive change. "

Doesn't seem to be any mention of her intent to desert her 4 year term as a Town Councillor. She seems to me to be misleading her Ward Constituents and causing them the unnescessary inconvenience of a Council by-election

(Exactly the same goes for all the other Town Councillors who have done similarly for this General Election)

it's a tough one... Allinson decided to step down to go for MHK and make a point of doing so, but if he doesn't get in then there is 4 years (maybe) until he can get back into local politics.

Is it just a timing issue caused by all LA's being at the same time and in the same year as General elections?

If someone was bloody minded enough they could suggest that by stepping down someone was only using the LA's as a stepping stone and had no interest in serving once they feel they have enough CV material to go for the Keys.

Personally I agree with you though, if you harbour an interest in the MHK job at least say so at the LA election, Lawrie Hooper in Ramsey had the decency to say he'd likely have a go at the Keys in his LA manifesto.

Archived