Douglas Central

Donald Trumps

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you looked in the thread about the sacking for having cancer you might come across a news article which would suggest this woman is extremely brave to put herself out there in such a public manner.

I Googled it. Although there seems to be several news articles for people with that surname which pop up when you Google "Inglis Isle of Man".

If you looked in the thread about the sacking for having cancer you might come across a news article which would suggest this woman is extremely brave to put herself out there in such a public manner.

I Googled it. Although there seems to be several news articles for people with that surname which pop up when you Google "Inglis Isle of Man".

I've just gone back and read all 20pages on the " sacked for having cancer" thread.

This silly woman needs to do the same and then think again about standing to become an MHK. You could not make this up.

The bloke on TH today sounded quite sensible. You wouldn't ask him along to brighten up your party but he made good points.

https://www.facebook.com/richardfalkformhk

At least he told it like it is, said senior bussiness people have told him he's wasting his time as we've already sailed over the cliff.

His position on rates and utilities is interesting,though saying that, I can't really understand why it should be any other way than he proposes.

I tend to agree with you on that front. I do wonder at times how some of the people who stand for certain roles view themselves and their capabilities.

Unfortunately, I feel an awful lot are sadly delusional.

That or just badly advised. I'm sure a lot have friends or colleagues telling them that 'You would be a brilliant MHK' whereas what they probably mean is 'You're a right stroppy bitch / bastard who clearly likes the sound of your own voice'

I tend to agree with you on that front. I do wonder at times how some of the people who stand for certain roles view themselves and their capabilities.

That or just badly advised. I'm sure a lot have friends or colleagues telling them that 'You would be a brilliant MHK' whereas what they probably mean is 'You're a right stroppy bitch / bastard who clearly likes the sound of your own voice'

Or told they should stand by people who are fed up of listening to them moan

Corky,for example, likes nothing better than to be heard nationally coughing and spluttering. A great talent indeed

& muttering loudly under his breath

Mind you, it is said that Manx men can't whisper

The more I hear and read about the candidates coming forward the more I'm starting to feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down. If anyone goes on a rampage through Strand Street with a pump action shotgun on election night it will probably be me. Some of the people we have in already are bad enough, but some of the people coming forward are genuinely pitiful.

Yep, with haven't got much chance of developing a 21st century economy with the majority of candidates

Deliberative democracy & social media pressure will be required to achieve the government progressive people want

It's worse than that and unlike you I don't think social media is the solution. In fact I think social media is the problem. Every candidate who has tried to ride social media has ended up crashed and burned. I lost it with Callister because he's not a bad bloke but the bullshit he generates on social media and the way it looks like he tries to manipulate content on here and elsewhere just makes him look like an absolute arse. I actually think people should have a lock down on social media during a campaign. Invite messages and communicate one to one but don't pump a load of crap out on social media if you aren't prepared to stand by it. James Hampton being the prime example. I would have thought Amiee Burns set a perfect template of how not to run a campaign - don't appear cocky, don't rip into other candidates, dont pretend you're better than anyone else, dont use sock puppets on MF to attack people you won't attack directly yourself, or to spread misinformation, don't accuse the establishment of bullying you or trying to undermine your campaign, don't set up Facebook Groups that either get out of control or which nobody signs up to, don't have fights with trolls as actually they are there to deliberately ensure that you publicly embarrass yourself, and don't believe that people who can spend a nanosecond giving you a like on social media can be arsed driving to a polling booth and actually casting a vote for you.

Yep, with haven't got much chance of developing a 21st century economy with the majority of candidates

Deliberative democracy & social media pressure will be required to achieve the government progressive people want

It's worse than that and unlike you I don't think social media is the solution. In fact I think social media is the problem. Every candidate who has tried to ride social media has ended up crashed and burned. I lost it with Callister because he's not a bad bloke but the bullshit he generates on social media and the way it looks like he tries to manipulate content on here and elsewhere just makes him look like an absolute arse. I actually think people should have a lock down on social media during a campaign. Invite messages and communicate one to one but don't pump a load of crap out on social media if you aren't prepared to stand by it. James Hampton being the prime example. I would have thought Amiee Burns set a perfect template of how not to run a campaign - don't appear cocky, don't rip into other candidates, dont pretend you're better than anyone else, dont use sock puppets on MF to attack people you won't attack directly yourself, or to spread misinformation, don't accuse the establishment of bullying you or trying to undermine your campaign, don't set up Facebook Groups that either get out of control or which nobody signs up to, don't have fights with trolls as actually they are there to deliberately ensure that you publicly embarrass yourself, and don't believe that people who can spend a nanosecond giving you a like on social media can be arsed driving to a polling booth and actually casting a vote for you.

This is the first Manx election in which Social Media will play its part. Thomas, Gawne, Hooper, Callister & Beecroft have all used Social Media over the last four years to engage with the voters, nothing wrong with that either.

Archived