Premiership 2016/17

ans

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a wild deadline day for once

I am not sure I am too fussed about Everton missing out on Sissoko for that sort of money but it would have been nice to get a few extra players in

Bang average player. I'm amazed Spurs went for him.

Some alarming fees being paid. It seems that £30m is a price tag for pretty mediocre players these days.

United seem to have done some excellent business. They've recruited 4 players that will strengthen the first 11, kept the best goalkeeper in the league, they've sold some players (including some of the younger fringe players that just are not going to make it at United), and rewarded Fosu Mensah and Rashford with squad places and new contracts. Both have massive futures at United.

I'd have liked to to have seen a couple more go but overall the squad looks strong, well balanced and capable of winning the league.

Less than average for Newcastle. I could have played better. Different story for France at the Euros. Performed like he had a rocket up his arse and a ball magnet on his toes. Nobody could live with him. So he can do it, but if he won't do it where he earns his not inconsiderable corn what is the point of buying him?

Levy just like to be the Charlie Big Potato......i suspect it has backfired on him this time. Although if the payment in installments notion was correct, then I guess he can miss a payment and have the Newcastle Bailiffs round to repossess him??

• 2 weeks later...

Sunderland look destined for relegation this season

Was nice to see Lukaku bag a hat trick, hopefully he's put all the transfer speculation behind him

First half we were ok and had some chances. Second half we were dire and Everton took us apart.

Big respect to Everton for gifting £200,000 towards the treatment fund for a young Sunderland fan who is battling cancer.

Sunderland look destined for relegation this season

Was nice to see Lukaku bag a hat trick, hopefully he's put all the transfer speculation behind him

First half we were ok and had some chances. Second half we were dire and Everton took us apart.

Big respect to Everton for gifting £200,000 towards the treatment fund for a young Sunderland fan who is battling cancer.

Definitely a game of 2 halves

Archived