Manx presence at International Culture Summit

cheesypeas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dimbo Timbo has been developing a new line in these freeby trips over the last couple of years. He spends most of his time pissed by all accounts, as well as feeding his face on lots of lovely grub. Yes, and all at our expense, covered by the flimsiest bollocksy justification for his presence. Any ethical person would be ashamed, but not members of Tynwald, who seem to be literally shameless.

We will probably see an uptick in the vital foreign trips taken by Stephen's Rodent now too: so long as the malt whisky supply is of sufficiently high quality of course.

Tim Nice but Dim and two flunkies in attendance. All these packed meetings, parties and seminars. Don't worry I'm sure the IOM will get the chance to splash the cash, in the name of art, of course in the future, if we get to host a conference.

Dimbo Timbo has been developing a new line in these freeby trips over the last couple of years. He spends most of his time pissed by all accounts, as well as feeding his face on lots of lovely grub. Yes, and all at our expense, covered by the flimsiest bollocksy justification for his presence. Any ethical person would be ashamed, but not members of Tynwald, who seem to be literally shameless.

We will probably see an uptick in the vital foreign trips taken by Stephen's Rodent now too: so long as the malt whisky supply is of sufficiently high quality of course.

The more Rodant is off the island the better, for he is surely a complete waste of space

I loved this from MR:

"The Manx delegation will attend a hectic programme of discussions, seminars and presentations over the next two days"

So they will hectically have their thumbs up their bums and their brains in neutral for two whole days. Wow! What a gain for the island!

Still, it will help them get over the previous evenings taxpayer funded excesses I suppose.

An organisation, and I use that term in the loosest possible context, that would appear to be out of control hence it spews up nonsense like this.

Whatever happened to Quayle's masterplan or was it binned along with it's main exponent?

You really couldn't make this shit up, could you!!

The thing is, Tim Nice but Dim has 2 very highly paid civil servants with him. What are the aims and objectives of attendance? Is it to sell culture, Manx Culture to the Scots? I thought we have a tourism department to sell the island as a place for culture.

You really couldn't make this shit up, could you!!

The thing is, Tim Nice but Dim has 2 very highly paid civil servants with him. What are the aims and objectives of attendance? Is it to sell culture, Manx Culture to the Scots? I thought we have a tourism department to sell the island as a place for culture.

Aims and objectives??? Getting pissed I imagine.

Archived