You Can't Polish a Turd.

rodders

Yeah, pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Even the lowest common denominator has the free choice to spend their money where they choose.

Got to love the food snobbery of some on here.

exactly. like anything if you over indulge in it you will have issues but one every now and then won't do any harm.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall a report in the Indy from circa 1998 telling of phenomenal patronage of McD's from the moment the doors opened, something like 35k customers the first week. Though that might have been Pully for breakfast, lunch and evening meal?! :-)

Even the lowest common denominator has the free choice to spend their money where they choose.

I really don't understand the food snobbery either.

It's a good spot for the kids as a treat. There's choice (both on the menu or whether you go or not) and in moderation is isn't going to harm anyone.

Whether the snobs like it or not clearly a good portion of the planet must do.

I haven't been to McDonald's since the first month it originally opened here. Anyone know what year that was?

I thought it was about 1995/6 when Manx Ices closed down and the owners opened Oxley's Toyota?

There had been an article in the news about McDonald's opening in Moscow and the queue was two hours for a Big Mac. It wasn't much different here!

It's depressing how low people's aspirations in the Isle of Man have become. Gone are the days of lots of nice local restaurants and bars, and yet the opening of a refurbished McDonalds causes traffic chaos. It says just about all you need to know about the modern day Island. A depressing place populated and held to ransom by fat English chavs and their awful children.

McDonald's are probably the most successful food franchise in the world. I guess they're doing something right.

Subway have overtaken them now I believe

No snobbery involved, as i go there regularly I was just highlighting they're business model.

if you gave these kids caviar and corgettes they would turn their noses up at it. and their mums too. the dads would eat it. when we go to macdonalds i think it is a good plaçe to take your kid/s when you have them a day only

I applaud you and think that you provide a great life lesson to everyone else. If I ever take my kids in there at the weekend I'm always keen to point out that if mummy and daddy ever split up that's what Sunday lunch will be like. Me sat unshaven in a dirty crumpled tracksuit, all sitting bored round a greasy table, all enjoying the few legal hours they're allowed to spend with each other whilst everyone is glued to their smart phones not uttering a word to each other. It really makes them appreciate life much more. I normally do that about every 6 weeks just to focus their minds on behaving.

In Thailand as a bunch of bars and restaurants are shut due to the silly king shuffling off his mortal coil I had myself a McDonalds that cost more than it does on the island. It was extremely nice though, though that money could have paid for a few days feeds!

Good to hear its reopen on the island. It's not all bad, it's just standard fast food. Wish they'd do KFC up, it's been minging for years

• 1 month later...

Archived