Here are the results of next week's election

Uhtred

Like most things, I suspect the truth will be somewhere in the middle...not that we'll find out until the new Treasury Minister is appointed and opens the envelope on his new polished desk in which "Scissor Hands Eddie" will have inserted a crumpled tenner, attached to which is a post-it note exclaiming "Sorry fella. This is all that's left".

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be about 09:30pm. I would STRONGLY recommend the candidates and their agents to keep an eye on the exit polls. They are surprisingly accurate. It is not unknown for a returning officer to accidentally place the wrong batch of votes on the wrong pile.

There is no shame in asking for a recount if a candidate is not happy.

So, when will the results start trickling in? I suppose I'll have to retune my wireless and find Manx radio. Is our favourite restauranteur and coffee magnate in the chair?

I'm not sure they trust him. I was talking to Ed Oldham at the Rushen Hustings the other week and he'd drawn the short straw of reporting from Douglas North!

Should be about 09:30pm. I would STRONGLY recommend the candidates and their agents to keep an eye on the exit polls. They are surprisingly accurate. It is not unknown for a returning officer to accidentally place the wrong batch of votes on the wrong pile.

Do we have exit polls?

Do we have exit polls?

Last time around I think the only one MRs exit poll called wrongly was Glenfaba - they had Boot beating Anderson, otherwise they were spot on.

Last time the schools carried out exit polls and they were surprisingly accurate. Yes, some people might tell them different but it is a small number and consistent throughout. It is a strange person that says a different candidate rather than just say nothing. Maybe Ramsey folk are particularly strange?

Archived