Here are the results of next week's election

Uhtred

Despite the fact that it's becoming ever clearer that it won't matter who you vote for because they'll all turn it to shit, 24 of these knuckle-dragging, drooling fantasists (well that's most of them) will be elected just one week from now. So here's the result...straight from the world inside my head.

AC&M - Gawne and Crowther (but Parker close)

Ayre - Cannan and Baker

Douglas Central - Thomas and Falk

Douglas East - Robertshaw and Halsall

Douglas North - Peake and Houghton

Douglas South - Malarkey and Beecroft

Garff - Perkins and Caine

Glenfaba and Peel - Boot and Harmer

Middle - Craine and Quayle

Onchan - Quirk and Callister

Ramsey - Allinson and Singer (Hooper close, but no cigar)

Rushen - Watterson and Skelly

It need hardly be said that writing some of those predictions involved mental and physical pain, such is the appalling quality of some candidates who, I believe, will be elected.

So, where am I wrong..? Over to you.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are Buster and I claim my £5.

I'm not fat and ginger and I've never owned a Porsche 911! (And, for the sake of completeness, never had a suite at the Jurby Hilton!).

AC&M - Crowther & Parker
Ayre - Cannan and Baker
Douglas Central - Thomas and Corlett
Douglas East - Halsall and Bettison
Onchan - Edge and Callister
Ramsey - Allinson and Singer
Rushen - Watterson and Hampton

Despite the fact that it's becoming ever clearer that it won't matter who you vote for because they'll all turn it to shit, 24 of these knuckle-dragging, drooling fantasists (well that's most of them) will be elected just one week from now. So here's the result...straight from the world inside my head.

Ayre - Cannan and Baker

It need hardly be said that writing some of those predictions involved mental and physical pain, such is the appalling quality of some candidates who, I believe, will be elected.

And we thought the last five years were bad. There are three names that I think on past performance may have some credibility (Cannan / Quayle / Watterson) but dear god, looking through your predictions, we really are in trouble. The sad thing is that one or two credible candidates who would have helped matters will not get in. I think that Shimmins and possibly Bowers in Middle would have enhanced that list, as would possibly others. A couple of things come to mind - perhaps we really need to review whether a) all island elections are required or b) whether we now offer better pay and conditions and secondly I pity the next CM. Even Maggie Thatcher would struggle with this collection of misfits !

Ayre - Cannan and Baker

I think that's pretty good.

God I do hope you are wrong in Onchan another 5 years of Quirk would be too much to bear, I do not think he will get in and I hope Quayle does not get in either and I would put Hanson over Boot he was only a few votes behind dim Tim last time. Phil Gawne is another I would not be confident about he has done some unpopular things and Caine for Garff...unlikely. anyway the worst will be revealed next week I didn't say the best because I do not think there is a best about it, not many good brains about in that lot, still you do not need one just the thick skin of a rhino and a load of self belief which in most cases is completely unjustified. Always look on the bright side I say.

God I do hope you are wrong in Onchan another 5 years of Quirk would be too much to bear, I do not think he will get in and I hope Quayle does not get in either and I would put Hanson over Boot he was only a few votes behind dim Tim last time. Phil Gawne is another I would not be confident about he has done some unpopular things and Caine for Garff...unlikely. anyway the worst will be revealed next week I didn't say the best because I do not think there is a best about it, not many good brains about in that lot, still you do not need one just the thick skin of a rhino and a load of self belief which in most cases is completely unjustified. Always look on the bright side I say.

A lot of people I have spoken to in Castletown will be voting for Gawne for the very shit but oh so Manx reason of "he turned up to my house". It doesn't matter that he has blown tons of money on the prom, infringed treasury regulations on peel silt, built a stupidly big roundabout down south and wasted money resurfacing the sloch just because he had some money to burn amongst over things. The scary thing is if he gets in he'll probably get chief minister. Imagine that eh!

I don't think it's been commented on yet, but I see Quirk has been stirring up his constituents again over the electoral boundary changes. He knows there's votes in raking over that one for political advantage and in rubbing the sore of perceived grievance among the tribes of Onchan. He's a class guy Quirkio, and will always lick the bucket for votes.

A lot of people I have spoken to in Castletown will be voting for Gawne for the very shit but oh so Manx reason of "he turned up to my house". It doesn't matter that he has blown tons of money on the prom, infringed treasury regulations on peel silt, built a stupidly big roundabout down south and wasted money resurfacing the sloch just because he had some money to burn amongst over things. The scary thing is if he gets in he'll probably get chief minister. Imagine that eh!

If Gawne becomes Chief Minister I think I might burn my house down in protest.

Archived