£2m to 'Save the Horse Trams' (don't worry, not tax-payer's money)

Nellie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So these anoraks are trying to raise £2 million to fight the Government (and create a bigger legal/planning bill for the tax payer) over plans that would actually save their precious horse trams that are already going to cost the tax payer £250k a year?!

Couldn't make it up!

I actually used to quite like the horse trams, but this has been going on too long! Rip the track up and crack on with fixing the Prom!

Maybe this is just a way of grinding out all enthusiasm local people have for the horse trams?

I reckon it's all fake news. I've heard there's a troll factory set up under the old DHA headquarters at Homefield and that they spend their day creating targeted fake news to destroy dangerous state targets. Here they deliberately set out to make sure only £300 out of £2m was raised in order to make the horse team supporters look stupid. Then everyone laughs and they go away in shame. They seem to be following the Trump / Putin model of creating aggressive disinformation. There will be secretly filmed golden showers on Hango Hill next.

The last crowdfunding that I remember was for the pier and it was an utter farce. £1210 out of £40k raised. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/richard-crowhurst

And lo and behold, nothings been done with that money

The pier has been surveyed, and a condition report drawn up. There was a public meeting in Ramsey last night to present the way forward. Unfortunately, I couldn't go but there will be press releases, I feel sure.

The crowdfunding was just one strand in the fundraising activities being undertaken. A c charitable trust has been set up to receive and account for the money.

I am wary of giving to the tramway thing, though, because any plan seems to be absent and who knows how the money will be used if no project at all emerges?

Good post "guzzi", one wonders if there was an appeal for say Nobles Hospital how many folk would contribute, and if a minuscule amount was raised the 'usual suspects' would be advocating it's closure.

I remember the restoration of the Groudle Glen railway was claimed, by those not interested in vintage/veteran transport, to be a complete waste of time and money............ and speak for the 'majority' ............ and have now been proved wrong (quite spectacularly IMO ).

Good post "guzzi", one wonders if there was an appeal for say Nobles Hospital how many folk would contribute, and if a minuscule amount was raised the 'usual suspects' would be advocating it's closure.

I remember the restoration of the Groudle Glen railway was claimed, by those not interested in vintage/veteran transport, to be a complete waste of time and money............ and speak for the 'majority' ............ and have now been proved wrong (quite spectacularly IMO ).

A hospital is not the same thing as a out dated and unnecessary mode of "transport"

Well f****my old boots " manx" we'd all be ' up the pictures' without you pointing out that a hospital is not a form of transport .

The horse trams are a 'vintage/veteran' form of transport , that ,I would venture to suggest, is not in dispute.

Your assertion that it is "unnecessary" is just your opinion , bit like, I would suggest , many of your posts.

For clarity I would not offer financial support to any appeal unless and until I was aware of what precisely the money was going to be used for .

You may consider the Groudle Glen railway for example to be "outdated and unnecessary" but given it's popularity a significant number of folk would reject your assertion.

Just saying , hope this helps.flowers.gif

The last crowdfunding that I remember was for the pier and it was an utter farce. £1210 out of £40k raised. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/richard-crowhurst

And lo and behold, nothings been done with that money

Maybe you could try this crowdfunding "Tarne", or have a flag day to finance your lifestyle , that way you could perhaps refute any suggestion that you are "scrounging of the State" by thinking you are too posh /well "qualified" to get of your arse, get a job and be a bit more self reliant.

Just sayingflowers.gif

Your assertion that it is "unnecessary" is just your opinion , bit like, I would suggest , many of your posts.

Unnecessary...as in not of an immediate need or requirement. Do you we need them? No. Are they a requirement? No.

Just saying. Hope that helps.

Archived