£2m to 'Save the Horse Trams' (don't worry, not tax-payer's money)

Nellie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten days in to a £2m target and only £2,500 raised. Crowdfunding...better than a referendum. The people have spoken by keeping their money in their pockets.

Tynwald has spoken and they are keeping the tram. Crowdfunding isn't a referendum, though. I was waiting to see what Tynwald would do before donating to the fund.

Ten days in to a £2m target and only £2,500 raised. Crowdfunding...better than a referendum. The people have spoken by keeping their money in their pockets.

Tynwald has spoken and they are keeping the tram. Crowdfunding isn't a referendum, though. I was waiting to see what Tynwald would do before donating to the fund.

Why?

Why?

Because my understanding was that crowdfunding was to bankroll a legal challenge should the vote have gone the other way.

I support the horse trams as much as anyone but this objection is just stupid. The compromise is a reasonable one and the track needs renewing in any case. This idiot clearly has never heard of the concept of quitting when you're ahead.

The compromise situation that we now have is far superior to what we had last July, when the vote was for single track all the way.

What we now need is some urgent and positive action to get the roadworks started, rather than sideline whingeing.

And if some kind fairy could ensure the preservation of the 140 year old (and still fully fit for use) stables, that would be the icing on the cake.

Archived