Ramsey's decline continues

BallaDoc

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mooragh Park is a great facility to have, but I am concerned about the botched repairs to the ornamental brickwork on the paths round the lake. When the bricks deteriorate, instead of replacing them with new bricks they fill the gap with concrete. They have done this in several places.

Ask your local commissioner why! They're very approachable, although beware of biscuit crumbs.

PS - if you live elsewhere, just deal with it this is a Ramsey matter!!.

Great positive post, Mission. A happy new year to you!!

I like Ramsey. Not sure about the new road layout to be honest, and there are still parts that could do with sprucing up a bit, but you have so much there for the size of the town. Plenty of places in the UK five times the size without half of the amenities. And to top it all you have the jewel that is Mooragh Park, a model of how municipal parks everywhere should be tended.

Does anybody know why they seem to have started cutting the palm trees down in the park?

ETA there's at least one outwardly healthy one been dropped this week. Are they not protected in some way?

I wandered down there over the weekend and I didn't notice any organised cull of the palm trees so I can only assume the tree was cut down for a legitimate reason and is a one off?

One would certainly hope so, given that it appeared to be a healthy specimen and the length of time they've been there, they're very much an iconic part of the park?

Archived