William Kennish

gettafa

I'm sure he was a nice bloke and did loads of good stuff, but who has ever heard of Billy Kennish?

Oh, and you Mr Rodan, President of Tynwald, I don't belive you, I bet you'd never heard of him, not until this jolly little trip was organised for you, and a civil servant had fed you the blah blah:

http://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/82223/william-kennish-tynwald-president

As you said Steve, "I'm sure WIlliam would have been amazed"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you prefer we didn't send someone? It's not expensive to go to New York, couple of the neighbours near me have just gone themselves.

If there's a chance we can get some Americans who think they have Manx blood to come here, then go for it.

gettafa, if you are interested to learn about William Kennish there is a very good book "William Kennish Manninagh Dooie -True Manxman" by Robert W Stimpson` ISBN No 978 9070508 3 I would recommendflowers.gif

Yes, I have to say I am less ignorant this afternoon than I was this morning. I'll look that book out.

There have been past threads here on famous Manx people. BeeGees, Bernie Moffat (?) and that mutiny of the Bounty fella seemed to loom large, and on further looking the lad Kennish was mentioned.

Well, I suppose this thread has done its bit to bring William Kennish to rightful prominence.

While it may not be expensive to fly to New York if you book early and fly economy, I'd imagine flying at short notice and business class is.

Was it short notice and business class then?

But The Teapot is right. Business class short notice would have been a couple of grand.

Archived